Gtx260 issue

i am having issues installing my new video card gtx260 oc. i am running a gtx 8400 now and it works perfect. my pc is almost brand new
quad core e6600
4 gig kingston 800 ram (new)
new 500gig hd
new mother board inteldg41rq
new power supply superflower 550w 38a
get bsod on new video card install
can anyone give me a suggestion as to what to do ???

[QUOTE=chrismaca74;2414211]i am having issues installing my new video card gtx260 oc. i am running a gtx 8400 now and it works perfect. my pc is almost brand new
quad core e6600
4 gig kingston 800 ram (new)
new 500gig hd
new mother board inteldg41rq
new power supply superflower 550w 38a
can anyone give me a suggestion as to what to do ???[/QUOTE]

First off what kinda of brand of GTX260 do you have and is it under warranty? Did you properly install the correct Nvidia drivers? Did you make sure it had all the extra power connectors on the card connected to power? Did you check your BIOS to make sure it was correctly controlling the fans at correct speed? I know I had a XFX GTX260 core216 that was super hot until I change my motherboard fan speed to optimum and now it runs cooler.

thanks for reply
i have a gigabyte gtx260 oc
bios was set up by computer shop up the road from me
it is still under waranty but shop i got it from said there is nothing wrong with it. i will try to take it back
its not over heating as it happens from cold boot
power is connected properly and my psu has been checked out also
i downloaded the latest drivers for it from nvidia so i didnt use the one that came in the box
did have some memory conflict issues but they have been resolved
contacted intell re copmpatability issues with motherboard and they said it sould be fine.

[QUOTE=chrismaca74;2414211]
can anyone give me a suggestion as to what to do ???[/QUOTE]

This is usually the fault of the O/S. M$ is notorious for doing this and since I don’t know what version of the O/S your using I can only guess it’s the O/S that is the cause of the problem.

try this:
1-Put the old card back in
2-Uninstall the nvidia drivers, don’t reboot
3-Download ‘driver sweeper’ (free), clean the nvidia drivers
4-shut down PC, install new card.
5-download latest drivers from nvidia.com, don’t let your OS install the card automatically, use the latest nvidia drivers.

I looked up your PSU, its not very high quality but it should work for your setup. It tests at 70% efficiency, when new (good) models are 80% or better, now they even go up to 90% (Seasonic gold). When the time comes to get a new PSU look into these brand names in this order Seasonic, Corsair, Antec, PC power and cooling, Cooler master.