GTX 550 Ti Problem

vbimport

My frnd just bought his new 550 Ti today but he is having troubles with this card… He ws going with Ati but as i always preferred nVidia so referred this crd to him too…But he got a CRT monitor and after Installing Drivers and EVGA precision when he increase the core clock, cz stock clock is jst 400Mhz…:clap:, he gets this error…

"Out Of Frequency
HF 106.5khz
VF 85hz

Operating Frequency
HF 30-70 khz
VF 56-160 hz"

His monitor is a Lg 575N studioworks

i think tht the prob is with his monitor but he previously used 9800 gt and it used to run fine…
He is nt planning to upgrade his monitor cz he already spent many bucks on his new crd…
And yeah this error only occurs while increasing the frequencies…Don’t knw why stock frequencies r tht much low…!

Any Suggestion would be highly Appreciated…

You should get more informed responses in our Gen. Hardware forum ghayyurious, so I’m moving your thread in there.

Make sure the video driver is version 280.26 Also don’t use the evga tool (remove it), get MSI afterburner version 2.1

You may have to simply lower the refresh rate where you set the resolution, this is done with the video software not the overclocking software.

I would expect that Windows and the video driver [I]know [/I]the limitations of the connected CRT. Of course this would require the installation of the monitor “driver” (which is a plain text file).

Michael

[QUOTE=eric93se;2607796]Make sure the video driver is version 280.26 Also don’t use the evga tool (remove it), get MSI afterburner version 2.1

You may have to simply lower the refresh rate where you set the resolution, this is done with the video software not the overclocking software.[/QUOTE]

alright i’ll try MSI Afterburner…
And yeah i’ll also try adjusting the Refesh rate with different resolutions…
And yeah there is another strange problem with him tht all older games runs smoothly while new games like NFS HP hangs alot during gameplay and same is the case with GTA IV…i think the card is capable of running these games at high setting…So should he just increase frequencies with MSI afterburner or do a clean install of Win7??

[QUOTE=mciahel;2607811]I would expect that Windows and the video driver [I]know [/I]the limitations of the connected CRT. Of course this would require the installation of the monitor “driver” (which is a plain text file).

Michael[/QUOTE]

Thx 4 ur advice, i’ll try updating the monitor’s driver…

[QUOTE=ghayyurious;2607787]My frnd just bought his new 550 Ti today but he is having troubles with this card… He ws going with Ati but as i always preferred nVidia so referred this crd to him too…But he got a CRT monitor and after Installing Drivers and EVGA precision when he increase the core clock, cz stock clock is jst 400Mhz…:clap:, he gets this error…

"Out Of Frequency
HF 106.5khz
VF 85hz

Operating Frequency
HF 30-70 khz
VF 56-160 hz"

His monitor is a Lg 575N studioworks

i think tht the prob is with his monitor but he previously used 9800 gt and it used to run fine…
He is nt planning to upgrade his monitor cz he already spent many bucks on his new crd…
And yeah this error only occurs while increasing the frequencies…Don’t knw why stock frequencies r tht much low…!

Any Suggestion would be highly Appreciated…[/QUOTE]

This sounds like the CRT isn’t able to handle the new resolution or the output from the card and your friends since he was able to spend alot on a high price GPU should spend a little more and get a good LCD or LED LCD to go along with the GPU.

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2607855]This sounds like the CRT isn’t able to handle the new resolution or the output from the card and your friends since he was able to spend alot on a high price GPU should spend a little more and get a good LCD or LED LCD to go along with the GPU.[/QUOTE]

He’ll buy a new LED LCD another month coz he’s out of budget now and planing to buy LCD in November…One thing is really strange abt his crd tht Gpu-z shows a 981mhz coreclock but EVGA Precision shows it as 400mhz??
Anyway beside resoultion and frequency problem he is able to play Latest games at high setting (without AA)…So today i’ll try uninstalling EVGA Precision and will try to OC it with MSI Afterburner cz GPU temp is around 30’c…:bigsmile:

That out-of-range error can also happen with LCD monitors.
I had a VGA card that switched to an unsupported mode (causing the monitor to show the “out-of-range” error) every time there was a BSOD. Later I found out that this must have been either a faulty VGA Bios or even some problem with the VGA hardware.

Michael

I’ve had out of range errors on my backup machine (with lcd screen). Turns out one of the dvi connectors is defective, so I just have to remember to use the other one

Just disable the defective port with adhesive tape :wink:

Michael

[QUOTE=ghayyurious;2607878]He’ll buy a new LED LCD another month coz he’s out of budget now and planing to buy LCD in November…One thing is really strange abt his crd tht Gpu-z shows a 981mhz coreclock but EVGA Precision shows it as 400mhz??
Anyway beside resoultion and frequency problem he is able to play Latest games at high setting (without AA)…So today i’ll try uninstalling EVGA Precision and will try to OC it with MSI Afterburner cz GPU temp is around 30’c…:bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

The 550Ti drops into 2D power saving mode when not doing anything GPU intensive, so it saves power.