GTA3 (SD2.51) Successful Burn Thread

vbimport

I'm curious to know how many Plexies out there can still do the latest SD...

My PX-R820T (Imation rebadge) did without breaking a sweat... No AWS, no Beta Blocker, nothing. One sheep my ass. :wink:

Well if you’re using the Amplify Weak Sectors option (which is standard enabled in CloneCD 4) you’ll have a good change to make a working back-up with the Plextors. Only a few writers like the Lite-Ons are able to copy SafeDisc 2.51 without AWS…

It’s been a while since I’ve tried backing up an SD2.51 CD…the last was MOHAA…do i still have to use Betablocker on the image file still or do I not need to now with CloneCD 4 ?

I’m going to attempt to backup GTA3, using the suggested SafeDisc (2/2.51) - AWS settings that have been posted on the forum. Is that right ?

Stupid me - again.

I’ve forgotten to mention the fact that I did not use AWS, Beta Blocker, or patch the image in any way! :wink:

Using:

• PIONEER DVD-ROM DVD-106
  • PLEXTOR PX-W2410A

Then you are lucky guy.Pionner DVDs are known for playing plextor backups WITH and WITHOUT AWs enabled, so your copy is perfect for you but not for us.Even with new cloneCD release my toshiba 1402 dvd isn’t able to play a sfv2.51 protected game.As known too it works only in my plex burning with AWS…

Good luck!

Well arn’t I the lucky one !
We will soon see…it’s reading as I speak but it’s taking forever like MOHAA did. Oh well best things come to those that wait.:slight_smile:

I have a Plextor 16x10x40A

I am having problems burning my GTA3 images.
They are both clonecd images

After burning both the install cd and play cd, i put the play cd and start the game through the start menu. The “BLUE R” rockstar logo comes up and about 5 seconds later it says “Please eject and re-insert the CD-ROM, select OK and restart application”

I think I tried everything. I’ve tried the new clonecd game profiles found in this forum. I’ve tried AWS, no AWS, and it just doesnt work.

Anyone have some tips for me on how to create a working copy?

Originally posted by afrodeziak
[B]I have a Plextor 16x10x40A

I am having problems burning my GTA3 images.
They are both clonecd images

After burning both the install cd and play cd, i put the play cd and start the game through the start menu. The “BLUE R” rockstar logo comes up and about 5 seconds later it says “Please eject and re-insert the CD-ROM, select OK and restart application”

I think I tried everything. I’ve tried the new clonecd game profiles found in this forum. I’ve tried AWS, no AWS, and it just doesnt work.

Anyone have some tips for me on how to create a working copy? [/B]

Try patching the image with Betablocker.
Otherwise u will never be able to play your back-up…Plexy just can’t make a 1:1 copy (I mean a copy that woks in EVERY cd/dvd-rom)…even 4012TA.They’re copy are known to work in some (few) cd/dvd like pioneers.
If betablocker doesn’t work,than you will have to use another .exe launching file.

Bye

I have just backed up both GTA III CD’s using these settings and my equipment.

Read CD using my DVD drive (listed below) to a CloneCD image file which took around 35-40mins using the CloneCD 4 ‘Game’ profile.

Written at 24x onto ACER CD-R Gold 80/700MB using my Plexi (listed below) using the ‘Game’ settings again.

P.s. I think my firmware on my Plexi is Revision 1.02 (if that helps anyone)

Originally posted by StuntMonkey
[B]I have just backed up both GTA III CD’s using these settings and my equipment.

Read CD using my DVD drive (listed below) to a CloneCD image file which took around 35-40mins using the CloneCD 4 ‘Game’ profile.

Written at 24x onto ACER CD-R Gold 80/700MB using my Plexi (listed below) using the ‘Game’ settings again.

P.s. I think my firmware on my Plexi is Revision 1.02 (if that helps anyone) [/B]

Your equipment made a succesfull copy just to use with it.
Your pioneer is very picky and slow with error skip and using Game Profile enables AWS when writing,so you didn’t make a 1:1 copy,that is impossible with Plextor,as I said before.
I even got your recorder and reader and sometimes I was able to play a copy of a safe 2.51.021 protected cd with it,made with or without AWS with Plex 2410TA.

Bye

Well that’s okay with me I’m the only person wanting to use the backup ! I don’t care if it doesn’t work on anything else. Most Pelxi’s read the CD-R now if the media is hidden doesn’t it ?

Originally posted by StuntMonkey
Well that’s okay with me I’m the only person wanting to use the backup ! I don’t care if it doesn’t work on anything else. Most Pelxi’s read the CD-R now if the media is hidden doesn’t it ?

Yes,every Plextor 2410TA drive should allow you to play with Hide Cd-r Media on.

Bye