GTA3...Disc2...How to Burn

vbimport

Sup? This is the problem. I have a TEAC W512EB Burner. I am a newbie to using CloneCD, Clony, etc. Disc1 was easy to burn. But I am having trouble trying to burn Disc2. After burning Disc2, when I go to play it, the blue R screen freezes. I am in the US, so i dont have the Hide CDR option in CloneCD. I would like my copied CD's to work on any drive, so If somebody who has experience and has made a succeseful copy of GTA3 that can play on any drive please either e-mail me detailed instructions on how to do so or reply this this posting. Thank You.

you can bypass that and get hide cdr media in us too, dont know for sure but if you just change your country in time/date option i think that should do it…

GTA3 has safedisk v2.51.021 and your Teac writer according to Elby’s can’t do correct efm encoding. You can try to write with AWS enabled but don’t know if it will work with your writer.
I have made successful backup without AWS because my Sony CRX175A1 does correct efm encoding.

Martbhell…
I am guessing you are talking about my computer’s settings. So you are saying if I change my computer settings, and I do the Hide CDR when I make the copy, that should allow me to play Disc2 on any computer? If you have instructions on how to make a succesful copy of GTA3 Disc2, please reply.

ww1912…
I am going to try what u recommended. But if you could send me instructions on how to burn it successfully, please let me know. Thanks

Could a Administrator Please reply to this posting to help me further. Thank You

Nothing at all hard about it that a little time and effort looking at the sticky threads on this forum could tell you everything you need to know. Simply use default “Game CD” settings in CCD4 to read and write. I would suggest you read and write at lower than max speed. Make sure AWS is checked in game profile and the settings for your writer.

I can only fully agree with ww1912… Use the default Game Profile, read and write at a low speed, keep your fingers crossed. When playing from the CD-writer enable ‘Hide CDR Media’. Good luck!!

You live in the US, right?
Change your Region Settings in Control Panel to English (Canadian), and that will enable AWS and Hide CDR Media, so you can burn your GTA3 :wink:
You can change it back once the copy is done… :bigsmile:

This thread also works very well. Oliver Kastl himself said that changing your region code doesn’t work… Are you sure that method still works for CloneCD v4.0.1.3?

Yes, it still works…
I just used it yesterday :wink:

So is there anyway without Hide CDR to use the copied version to play on other computers?

Originally posted by ww1912
Nothing at all hard about it that a little time and effort looking at the sticky threads on this forum could tell you everything you need to know. Simply use default “Game CD” settings in CCD4 to read and write. I would suggest you read and write at lower than max speed. Make sure AWS is checked in game profile and the settings for your writer.
Sound advice from ww1912. Counting me, that’s two Admins who have replied.

:cop: As an aside, I have deleted more meaningless posts about cracks - unwrappers, no-CD exe, etc. This is the CloneCD Forum not a crack, beta blocker, whatever forum. Guys and girls, don’t get into dissertations about what’s illegal & what’s not. Don’t offer advice about anything other than 1:1 advice :cop:

Originally posted by JZCombo
So is there anyway without Hide CDR to use the copied version to play on other computers?
Even if you made a perfect back-up, there’s no way around this when playing from a CD-writer. If you play from a normal CD-Rom or DVD-Rom that cannot read the ATIP of the disc, you shouldn’t have any problems.

Thanks alot for all your help…but I still cannot make a copy of the game. I am going to invest some money into a Lite-On i think.
Thanks again
:bow: