Gta3 and the legendary sd3.0

vbimport

sd3 is a total fake,
yesterday i bought gta3, game rocks, i been hearing about the sd3 all over the place so i decided to run some tests :slight_smile:

i ran safedisc analyzer on the exe files for gta3, and it returned safedisc 2.51, ok so i then ran sd analyzer on project earth and it returns safedisc 2.6

which proves that the safedisc analyzer i got can identify new copy prtoecteions easily and gta3 has sd 2.51 not 3.0

also i then decided to copy the cd

i used my plextor 24x that has firmware 1.0 and used fujifilm cds to copy it, burned it at 8x

And both cds work on my plextor and on the samsung drive i got which is a good enuf backup for me.

safedisc 3 is not on gta3 there is no way that macrovision can release safedisc 2.6 less than a month ago and then have a whole new version of safedisc developed and tested in less than a month.

im sure even betablocker will work fine on this image, even tho i havent tested it with bb

liek i said many times i dont got a toshiba drive so i dunno if i made myself a perfect 1:1 copy of it but the rest of u are welcome to try it, if u arent afraid of safedisc 3.0 LOL :slight_smile:

so did you make a good copy or not?

Originally posted by salil
[B]…also i then decided to copy the cd

i used my plextor 24x that has firmware 1.0 and used fujifilm cds to copy it, burned it at 8x

And both cds work on my plextor and on the samsung drive i got which is a good enuf backup for me. [/B]
@ SliverX - apparently he did. Please contribute meaningfully.

Originally posted by salil
[B]sd3 is a total fake,
yesterday i bought gta3, game rocks, i been hearing about the sd3 all over the place so i decided to run some tests :slight_smile:

i ran safedisc analyzer on the exe files for gta3, and it returned safedisc 2.51, ok so i then ran sd analyzer on project earth and it returns safedisc 2.6

which proves that the safedisc analyzer i got can identify new copy prtoecteions easily and gta3 has sd 2.51 not 3.0

also i then decided to copy the cd

And both cds work on my plextor and on the samsung drive i got which is a good enuf backup for me.

safedisc 3 is not on gta3 there is no way that macrovision can release safedisc 2.6 less than a month ago and then have a whole new version of safedisc developed and tested in less than a month.

im sure even betablocker will work fine on this image, even tho i havent tested it with bb

liek i said many times i dont got a toshiba drive so i dunno if i made myself a perfect 1:1 copy of it but the rest of u are welcome to try it, if u arent afraid of safedisc 3.0 LOL :slight_smile: [/B]

Congratulations on your successful copy.

I’m not trying to be argumentative, but the key word in your post above is “hearing”. If you spend time on the forum, you are likely to “hear” almost anything. Others have already pointed out that the rumor about GTA and SD3 was just that, a rumor. In fact, the rumor is already going around that SD3 has been “cracked” or beaten, even though it is not out, yet. I, personally, don’t expect SD3 to be out until this fall, but, since I don’t work for Macrovision, my opinion is no more valid than anyone else’s.

There are many rumors circulated about SD3, but no one will know for sure until it actually comes out. I could give you all kinds of reported “protection schemes” that are very nasty and would definitely stop CloneCD and its brother programs for a good while, but it is all speculation at this point.

You could be right. There might not even be a SD3. Macrovision could be moving to something entirely different, ala Tages. It might be a year from now - who knows.

I would be much more worried about the DMCA/WIPO partnership than about the latest copy protection.

We posted about SafeDisc 3 because ‘reliable’ sources informed us about it, I posted it, because the sources seemed to be reliable enough and because if it was true, it was big news and I wanted to be sure that CD Freaks was the first to report it :wink:

BUT we clearly stated that we could not confirm the information and that is was based on rumors (as we always do with unconfirmed info). I admit we were wrong, but it was too tempting not to post it…

DoMiN8ToR,

No big deal!

We (all of the posters and readers) appreciate your great contributions to cdfreaks. The fact that one source did not pan out is really not much of a problem.

Keep up the great work!

GTAIII has Safe Disk 2.51…I bought the game first day it came out…I cracked it…it has two CD checks one where it strarts up a CD Check when you start up the game and second one before it goes to the games main menu…I can go on and on about it…but the truth is its not SD3…MacroVision will target programs like Clone CD and BlindWrite in SD3…thats when a new program will come out and we will beat it.

:wink:

Where can I get SafeDisc Analyser.

If this question isn’t allowed on this forum, then just ignore him.

If you look just above your post, in GF’s post, there are two links, one to Down & Dirty & one to Settings - you must read these. In there, you find out how to get hold of SDA :smiley:

Or you can find the links in my signature, now that I’ve posted :wink:

All posts here r in the mind, that ur Safedisc Analyzer is able to “detect” all new versions of Safedisc…
…maybe Cdilla is kidding u one time.

In every *.icd or .exe (or.dll (!), coz SD2 is able to protect dll’s), is a string “BoG_ *90.0&!! Yy>”. Open ur protected file with a hexeditor or a texteditor to prove that.
After this strings there r 3 Bytes for version, subversion and revision -> like 02.51.021

The only fact, that ur Safedisc-Analyzer is still working is, to find the string and read the following 3 bytes. If Macromedia will stop this own versioning one time (remove the string or never update the version bytes again), ur Safedisc-Analyzer will get useless!!!

Maybe one day, he will tell you about Safedisc Version 12.06.234 or anything similar…

Just keep that in mind, when dealing with such old tools, like Safedisc-Analyzer r!

Good luck all!

Mefeus:D