Gta3 and Beta blocker

vbimport

Does anyone know if you can successfully copy Grand Theft Auto 3 using beta blocker. My burner Sony crx140e does not support efm so is it even possible that this burner can make a playable copy using beta blocker and clonecd4. If so Help needed ...Bad! Thanks

The best way is to just try… Download BetaBlocker 2.51. Start CloneCD and make an image of GTA3 using a 4x read. Then start BetaBlocker and drag the IMG file on the BetaBlocker screen. No hit the scan button followed by the patch button. You image has been modified. Now burn the image on a CD-R(W) disc without AWS. There’s no guarantee this will work but it’s worth a try if you recorder doesn’t work with AWS.

What’s the point in all this?
The GTA3 upgrade patch gets rid of safedisc anyway.

I went back and ripped the the file again, then dropped the IMG. file in to the beta blocker program scanned and patched the weak sectors, then hit hide cd-r media and burnt the file at 4x. Im happy to say I know have a working copy of gta3 that will play in both my burner a Sony crx140e, and my regular cd-rom. So thank you G@M3FR3@k, and ww1912 for the helpful advice you gave me.

i thought the sonys can’t copy SD2/2.51 even with modifications like betablocker and AWS… i tried making a copy of NOLF and Max Payne with betablocker as well as AWS on the CRX145E and it doesn’t work!!

:confused:

1 man werhmacht, the Hide CDR Media option is only needed when playing the back-up. Not when trying to write the image file. Normally the Snoy writers do not work very well with AWS or BB but not all writers are the same (Plextor also has mixed reports on AWS) so perhaps he was just lucky? As long as it works then he’s happy :wink:

Hey thanks G@m3fr3@k for clarifying the hide cd-r feature I really didn’t know what that meant. Perhaps I did just get lucky I don’t know, but it does work thanks to the help you guys gave me.

webcrawler—

i thought the sonys can’t copy SD2/2.51 even with modifications like betablocker and AWS… i tried making a copy of NOLF and Max Payne with betablocker as well as AWS on the CRX145E and it doesn’t work!!

Not all , my Sony crx175a1 has backed up all sd2.51 and the new securom as in Warcraft3 and NeverWinterNights without any problems.:smiley: