Gta:vc

Scanned it with clonyxxl 2.0.1.0 and reported to be “Securom New 4.84.69.0071 new variant detected!” for the game in the directory.

For the install disc it just says new variant detected. Doesn’t give a version number.

Used the clonecd method protected pc game profile and bwa file with version 4.28 blindwrite read at 12x and twinpeak w/ sector stepping size of 15. Used LTR-52246s as reader and writer. Won’t load in liteon or yamaha crw-f1 or toshiba dvdrom.

Couldn’t run image with virtual clone drive or d-tools. Of course the burned backup was a coaster. Looks like we have a new challenge.

Would clonyxxl 2.0.1.5 make any diff, maybe has a better way of detecting this. I read on the forums here other protection scanners are also available, like yaps or scout. I bet everyone here is curious if they will pick up anything. I hope you keep trying and get it.

have you tried using the Lite-On SecuRom [NEW] profile?

no, i only made one attempt. I don’t work tonight so as soon as i get home i shall do some more experiementing and post my results.

the latest SecuROM blacklists D-Tools, Clone’s Virtual Drive and Alcohol’s Virtual Drives…try uninstalling those devices and see if the game runs then…:bigsmile:

blacklisting is so stupid, just a pain in the neck.:frowning: :a

I thought the twin peaks method made a backup without the need of “hide cdr media”

So if you take it out of startup and disable it, do games still have a way of finding it on the PC?
That would be an even more illegal way of blacklisting, you can’t target a piece of software on a computer and not allow another piece of software to run as a result.

twinpeaks just inserts the correct BINARY data so that the Physical Data Layer of SecuROM cds is mimicked…sort of like ATIP…absolute time in pre-groove…“characteristics of the CD-Recordable” that is “hard coded” into the cd…that cannot be changed…

yes the copy protection companies are ruthless…but remember it is simple basic code…IF this equals THAT …THEN dont run…

that iam not sure of…do not use Virtual Drives myself…but if a VD runs in the background try disabling it and see what happens…:wink: :smiley:

“blacklisting is so stupid, just a pain in the neck”

Isn’t that the whole point? It takes a while for new DT drivers to be released, the idea is that some users are frustrated enough by blacklisting to go and actually buy a copy (assuming that they are copying off a friend).

umm, when a game is blacklisted, wouldnt the original also refuse to run? if so isnt that a good way to see if it was blacklisted.

I usually play off the original if i cant make a copy till enough time passes by and buy a second game off ebay for just a few bux.

Got a working copy now. I think the culprit was the bwa file. Anyway uninstalled d-tools, disable VCD and reread the bwa file with my toshiba dvd instead of mr. liteon. Used the securom new litoen profile to read and write. Works now.

btw, i only used first 50,000 sectors for the bwa file.

Originally posted by xtacydima
[B]umm, when a game is blacklisted, wouldnt the original also refuse to run? if so isnt that a good way to see if it was blacklisted.

I usually play off the original if i cant make a copy till enough time passes by and buy a second game off ebay for just a few bux. [/B]

games don’t get blacklisted, the protection on the game cd blacklists daemon-tools and virtual drives or any other device which aids in helping us make a legal back up to protect an original

ok, but this doesnt answer my question, will originals refuse to run as well.

yes, when it detects those programs or devices it won’t run.

Edit:

sometimes the blacklist works in other ways like disabling virtual drives and d-tools

“umm, when a game is blacklisted, wouldnt the original also refuse to run? if so isnt that a good way to see if it was blacklisted.”

Generally, the originals WILL run, as the blacklisting only checks to see if the drive that the game is being run from is an emulator. However, sometimes protection developers take a more blanket approach and won’t run on any system with virtual drives active or even installed.

Some blacklisting methods actually try and stop virtual drives from working, however certainly DT, and probably Alcohol, have built in security measures to make this difficult.

I see all this mention of blacklisted virtual drives but can’t say I’ve had the same problems. ??? Using the latest version of DT w/ 3 virtual drives loaded at the moment. I can run games with the aforementioned protections with no problem despite the virtual drive. I have long ago changed the names of the virtual drives so perhaps that has something to do with it? Other than that, can’t explain why I don’t have these blacklisting probs … not that I’m complaining. :smiley:

The game is easy enough to copy successfully with this method.

However, since recent versions of various protections blacklist CloneCD’s virtual drive, you should remove it totally by uninstalling ccd and then doing a custom re-install without the vd component.

Further, if you require an atip hiding utility, use alcohol’s Ignore media type since ccd’s hide cdr media is also blacklisted by most recent prots.