GTA for the NES: Grand Theftendo

vbimport

This gotta be the coolest port ever.

Grand Theftendo is a new homebrew game for the original Nintendo Entertainment System (NES). It is a tribute to Rockstar Games’ Grand Theft Auto III running on the 8 bit, 256x240 resolution, 2 bit colour x 2 bit palette, 1.79 Mhz system, written entirely in 6502 Assembly Language!

Purely a project of my spare time, it has progressed very nicely. I had kept the development of it quiet until the very end of October 2004, in which GTA: San Andreas, and more importantly, GTA: Advance were released. After the release of GTA: Advance, a top down take on Liberty City, I decided there was no better time to show the world my efforts. It will still be a while before it’s finished, but enough is done that it has something to show for itself.

Check the screens and read more at http://www.grandtheftendo.com

Wow that is great news… I don’t know why, but I just like old games and this is euh… a very nice retro game.

I can’t wait to play this one on the XBOX :slight_smile:

Downloaded Scumm for the Xbox already? :slight_smile:

kick ass, gimme gimme gimme!!

old, but still kickass.

But how would you get it to your NES?

I think it has to be played via emulator. Unless there is some device for nes that acts as a huge storage built into a catridge, like the flash cartridges they have for gba, but I have never heard of such a device.