GTA 3 Backup

vbimport

I'm an experienced computer user in general, but rather new to backing up protected software. I just purchased GTA 3 and have been trying all day to make a successful backup of disc 2. I've already read through the various threads here, but nothing I've found has yet fixed my problem. I've tried using CloneCD 4 on both my HP CD-Writer+ 9200i and my Ricoh MP9120A burners. I've also tried applying BetaBlocker to the iso images before burning. While a couple copies produced the "CD Not Found" error, about 15 other copies have all simply hung on the RockStar company logo before the game loads. With each copy I've been adjusting settings, hoping to find the combination that would avoid this. I've based my experiments on the recommeded settings I've read in other threads for countering SafeDisc 2.5x. I'm assuming the fact that it appears to be hanging is an indication all these copies have somehow failed, but before I waste more time ripping and burning, I was wondering if anyone out there could point me in a more specific direction. Thanks.

Hi,
I cannot help you, cause your 2 burners don’t support correct EFM encoding. They are not able to backup safedisc 2.5x-games.
You have to copy the CD-content to your harddisk and after that you must search on the net for a gamepatch to fix your copy-problems in GTA 3.
Some games I cannot even copy with my 24*Plextor. I will now sell it and buy the new LiteOn 48125s to avoid such problems !

AWS & BB, generally do not work with HP. Most are made by Sony or Philips, it’s the others that cause grief.

The Ricoh, on the other hand, does work with AWS.

Version of Clone?

CloneCD 4.0.1.6…i have tried using it with the settings from ClonyXXL 2.0.0.6…as well as using BetaBlocker 1.01.

I also have a TEAC W540E at my disposal, but from what I’ve read, it doesn’t look like it has a much better chance than any of the others at pulling off a copy…

I think it’s just a case of SD 2.51.021 defeating AWS & BB for your burners.

Originally posted by CyberDog
I’m an experienced computer user in general, but rather new to backing up protected software. I just purchased GTA 3 and have been trying all day to make a successful backup of disc 2. I’ve already read through the various threads here, but nothing I’ve found has yet fixed my problem. I’ve tried using CloneCD 4 on both my HP CD-Writer+ 9200i and my Ricoh MP9120A burners. I’ve also tried applying BetaBlocker to the iso images before burning. While a couple copies produced the “CD Not Found” error, about 15 other copies have all simply hung on the RockStar company logo before the game loads. With each copy I’ve been adjusting settings, hoping to find the combination that would avoid this. I’ve based my experiments on the recommeded settings I’ve read in other threads for countering SafeDisc 2.5x. I’m assuming the fact that it appears to be hanging is an indication all these copies have somehow failed, but before I waste more time ripping and burning, I was wondering if anyone out there could point me in a more specific direction. Thanks.

Maybe try again with the Ricoh and AWS or beta-blocker. If you get a copy that hangs on the Rockstar logo, don’t just wipe it and try again. You might find that it works after waiting a while, hitting the escape key several times or whatever. Alternatively, trying again after a re-boot might work.
With this game, I found that the first couple of times I played it from either the original or my back-up the game was likely to hang either at the logo or when fixing the optimum graphics and sound configuration. Once it had got past that stage once, however, both ran normally though the game still takes a while to bring up the game menu screen.

hey Cyberdog, “I’ve tried using CloneCD 4 on both my HP CD-Writer+ 9200i” I just spent a heap of time checking out this burner in all the replies (theres like a million :eek: ) and i dont thingk its really crash hot :a The other thing i found is GTA is Savedsic 2.51.021 (the 021 is the bif thing) and its really hard to burn that game even with amplifty week secctors. Hope this helps :cool:

ps, I cant spell so futreproof or GF (i can’t even say your name :eek: ) can you help my spelling by ‘fixing’ :wink: it? please?

Hi,

I’ve burned GTA3 (the 2 disc) in 7min. with my Plextor 24x.
I used Clonecd 3.4…, hide the hide cd, and that’s all!
Then I made an image of each disc and after that just burned the image. It took me app. 3min to made the image and 4min to burn.
Without changing nothing like aws, …

:bigsmile:

now get it to work on a drive besides your plex :wink: