GSA's DVD-writers and NT4

Does anybody have experience with GSA 4082/4120 DVD-Writers under Win-NT4.

The specification states no support for NT4.
But, is this limitation due to the DVD-RAM feature? Will the drive run under NT4 just as DVD-reader or maybe as DVD +R/-R writer?

Could anybody there give me any suggestion?

Thank you very much for replying.

Gio

Hi…

i don’t know if the 4120 will run unter NT4 but my father in law owns a DW800 and that burner works perfectly with NT4 even if this os is not official supported. He uses e.g. Nero 6.x and BackupExec to store backups onto DVD+R. Packet writing with sonic dla works ok too.

The only problem is the firmware upgrade of the DW800 which won’t work with NT4. Only 98, ME, 2000 and XP is supported.

So it might be a similar “problem” with the 4120 and NT4.

Regards,

Gerd

PS: I own a 4120 and it works perfect with XP. :slight_smile:

I’m not sure if Microsoft still supports NT4 but it must be somewhere between 2000 and 2010 that Microsoft stops it. :slight_smile:

Can’t you upgrade to Windows 2000 or Windows 2003? It’s just that the last time I used NT 4 was sometime in the middle of 1990s when I didn’t even have a CD writer but at least the CD-ROM drives worked well in both OS/2 and NT4. :slight_smile:

Since June/2004 MS does not support anymore NT4 WS…

I have to work with different OSs (NT4 too!) as long as my customers use them.

Anyway on my main pc I have a dual-boot system with NT4 and 2000, thus the GSA would surely work when I boot under W2K, but I would like to use the writer under NT4 too.
Of course I could choose a LiteOn (works under NT4), but I would like to use the DVD-RAM at least under Win2000.

Mhh, maybe I should move the NT4 system on an alone PC… :slight_smile:

Thank you anyway for your answer.

At least Panasonic has support for dvd-RAM in nt4, but I don’t know if their drivers works also with LG’s. Anyway here’s the link:

http://panasonic.co.jp/mke/support/dvdram/lim/eoem/index.html

I’m not sure what drivers LG include with their drives, but my Panasonic LF-M621 (OEM drive SW-9572) comes with an NT driver on the CD, along with the various other Windows flavours.

Software Version

May 23, 2003
              Matsushita Electric Industrial Co., Ltd.

Driver Software
meiudfnt.sys - Ver 3.0.8.0
mkedvd.sys - Ver 2.03.00
Format Software(DVDForm) - Ver 4.1.8.0
Write Protect Tool(WPTool) - Ver 1.1.1.0
Region Setting Software(DVDRgn) - Ver 1.4.9.0
DVD-RAM Utility(DVDTool) - Ver 1.0.8.0