Gsa t20n; litescribe yes or no?

I just recieved a replacement cd/dvd drive for my hp dv6105us
(the original was the maSHITa UJ-850S 1.05 DVD-RAM; which became very noisy within the warranty period :))

Anyhow, the new drive arrived and it is a GSA-T20N. on the outer plate ( which I wad to switch with the original drive to get it to fit into the laptop) was the litescribe logo.

But i see no new software to use litescribe.
I went and downloaded the litescribe diagnostic utility and it said no litescribe devices found. Is that it ? or do i need to download something else to activate the litescribe so the diagnostic utility finds it?

Next question is about firmware. This came with WC05. The only new firmware i can find is on this page and it a link to WP03. What are the specs of the WP03? I mainly want bitsetting and no region protection (play whatever)

thanks

[QUOTE=Dr Klovernutz;1963786]I just recieved a replacement cd/dvd drive for my hp dv6105us
(the original was the maSHITa UJ-850S 1.05 DVD-RAM; which became very noisy within the warranty period :))

Anyhow, the new drive arrived and it is a GSA-T20N. on the outer plate ( which I wad to switch with the original drive to get it to fit into the laptop) was the litescribe logo.

But i see no new software to use litescribe.
I went and downloaded the litescribe diagnostic utility and it said no litescribe devices found. Is that it ? or do i need to download something else to activate the litescribe so the diagnostic utility finds it?

Next question is about firmware. This came with WC05. The only new firmware i can find is on this page and it a link to WP03. What are the specs of the WP03? I mainly want bitsetting and no region protection (play whatever)

thanks[/QUOTE]Most of LG’s Lightscribes drives end with a “L” and not a “N” so my guess this LG drive does not have LS.

About the firmware i don’t think it will bitset for +R’s but will automatically for +R DL’s.

Also you can load WP03 up with MCSE and you can make it RPC-2 auto reset and make all the changes you want :slight_smile:

well litescribe is no big deal, it would be cool to have but whatever…

As for the firmware; I downloaded a wp03 from this site (actually from codeguys.rpc1.org) how do i use this exe with MCSE?

note: I still have the original firmware as of now.

[QUOTE=Dr Klovernutz;1963800]well litescribe is no big deal, it would be cool to have but whatever…

As for the firmware; I downloaded a wp03 from this site (actually from codeguys.rpc1.org) how do i use this exe with MCSE?

note: I still have the original firmware as of now.[/QUOTE]http://club.cdfreaks.com/f91/mediacodespeededit-support-lg-dvd-writers-133858/ It’s really easy to use. Load up the .exe and check the RPC-2 Auto Reset box and the click Save. Then flash it with the saved firmware from MCSE.

i dont see gsa-t20n on the list…

[QUOTE=Dr Klovernutz;1963813]i dont see gsa-t20n on the list…[/QUOTE]That would be a question for ala42.

[QUOTE=Dr Klovernutz;1963813]i dont see gsa-t20n on the list…[/QUOTE]

Slimtype, right?

Is there even a firmware available for this drive…?

yes i found WP03 from codeguys here on this site

[QUOTE=Dr Klovernutz;1964050]yes i found WP03 from codeguys here on this site[/QUOTE]

… but is not for the same OEM drives as “This came with [B]WC05[/B]”, I’d say.

it flashed to WP03

is that bad?

one thing i noticed about this lg vs my old mashita ids that the LG (although much quieter) is much slower
(using DVDdecrypter, the Matshita would extract a disc at 4X; the lg (both firmwares) would cap at 1.7X)
:frowning: