GSA-H62 sold out, which alternative should I take?

vbimport

Hi,
after reading several reviews I was going to buy an LG GSA-H62, but unfortunately it’s sold out! Can you recommend another Burner LG or different brand? The GH22N/L performed badly on -R Discs… :doh:

GH22 is Panasonic chipset, if you like GH62 (renesas chipset) you would even like an GH20 more. The actual Renesas burner from LG. The GH20 performs well with -R, best media MCC004.

If I were to buy a new LG drive now, it would be the GH20 as BurningFish suggested. I have a liking for Renesas LGs. :slight_smile:

We have the H62N in my mum’s PC, very nice drive, shame it’s sold out.

Found a new GSA-H62N cheap on eBay, but only in the states:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120312119928

Thank you for the advices! One final Question remains: Do LightScribe Burners have any disadvantages? The Price difference is only 4euro, so i would go for the LS Version to try, but not if there are any downsides apart from “who needs that??”

[QUOTE=Serial Killer;2168180]Thank you for the advices! One final Question remains: Do LightScribe Burners have any disadvantages? The Price difference is only 4euro, so i would go for the LS Version to try, but not if there are any downsides apart from “who needs that??”[/QUOTE]

No disadvantages. You either need it or you don’t. Otherwise, it doesn’t matter.