GSA-H42N device is not detecting

hi every one …please help me guys…my LG DVD rom GSA_H42N is not detcting in my pc…it showing error code39 in device manager…please help me guys…plzzzzzzzzzzzz…thx in advance…:frowning:

Reasons for this error include a driver that is not present; a binary file that is corrupted; a file I/O problem, or a driver that references an entry point in another binary file that could not be loaded.

Uninstall the driver, and then click Scan for hardware changes to reinstall or upgrade the driver.

On the General Properties tab of the device, click Troubleshoot to start the Troubleshooting Wizard.

holy crapshoot I thought u were kidding …STEVE

[QUOTE=satsbha;1942132]hi every one …please help me guys…my LG DVD rom GSA_H42N is not detcting in my pc…it showing error code39 in device manager…please help me guys…plzzzzzzzzzzzz…thx in advance…:([/QUOTE]

You don’t say what OS you’re using, but click the link in my signature (“How to delete your upper and lower filters”), that will take you to a MS support page.

It includes step by step instructions, and if you’re wary of editing the registry, a Guided Help can be downloaded.

Good luck. :slight_smile:

honestly i think just a quick uninstall and re-boot might fix the driver problems from the looks of it they being the thread starter… don’t appear to have much history with computers and messing in the reg could bring about bad things :wink:

Hi,[QUOTE=Sexy_Southerner;1942539]honestly i think just a quick uninstall and re-boot might fix the driver problems from the looks of it they being the thread starter[/quote]:disagree: This won’t help in most cases.

… don’t appear to have much history with computers and messing in the reg could bring about bad things :wink:
There are also some GUI tools that will help in such case:

Michael

[QUOTE=Sexy_Southerner;1942539]honestly i think just a quick uninstall and re-boot might fix the driver problems from the looks of it they being the thread starter… don’t appear to have much history with computers and messing in the reg could bring about bad things ;)[/QUOTE]

The link in my sig has worked for Code 39 problems, and as Michael and I have said, there’s a Guided Help on the page too - so no manual registry editing required. :slight_smile:

oh my bad…i thought you meant to manually repair it in the registery…