Gsa h22l cant read esperanza cd-rw

vbimport

Hi, I have already written about problem in MSCE thread and now just translate it:

The problem in media initialization or in incompatible media code(?)

A burner cannto read blank media, only recognize it.

Your burner cannot recognize this media so its absolutely crappo media or the drive has no capabilities to recognize such rated media!
CD-RW 2x-4x is so over obsolete.

Get a second hand Yamaha CD-RW drive.

Get a second hand Yamaha CD-RW drive.

Its no necessity cause i have only one that disc. Same esperanza CD-R 16 32 56x (silver-silver) it reads as well as other media.

Your burner cannot recognize this media so its absolutely crappo media or the drive has no capabilities to recognize such rated media!

And why it could read/erase/write bootable/ it sometimes before with fw1.00? When reading that media h22l makes some laser head moves(3-4 seconds) and stops it not rotating inside so when i press eject button it ejects without delay unlike detectable medias .I cant patch drive back to original.

Have you seen my crystal ball?!?

[QUOTE=chef;2567820]Have you seen my crystal ball?!?[/QUOTE]
whats this?

Use better media - Esperanza CD-RWs are usually made by Infodisc or Princo, which are two of the worst producers of CD-RW media.

[B]pepst[/B] is it true only for cd-rw? cause i see another esperanza dvd+r manufacturer is mitsubishi chemical corp.

[QUOTE=chef;2567487]CD-RW 2x-4x is so over obsolete.[/QUOTE]

I’ve found (for years) that 4x CD-RW discs work more consistently for me. I’ve had lots of high speed and ultra-speed CD-RW drives have issues in CD players and older CD-ROM drives, but 4x CD-RWs seem to work in everything.

Besides it only takes 15 minutes or so to burn one. It’s not like you have to watch.

“only 15 minutes” …Well, last tiem I said that was 10 years ago, IIRC.
If you think CD-RW should be for audio/CDDA, then have fun with it.

Time moves on.

[QUOTE=chef;2569362]“only 15 minutes” …Well, last tiem I said that was 10 years ago, IIRC.

Time moves on.[/QUOTE]

Ahh, one of these “if it’s new it must be better” people?

A reusable 4x CD-RW wins for me when it works better than faster CD-RWs and when it’s reusable. Burning a CD-R for a one-shot need is wasteful.

My car doesn’t have an aux-in jack (it’s an '07, it’s not that old) so I often burn podcasts to CD-RW to listen to on highway drives. Listen, enjoy, erase, use again.

I’m patient enough to have a 15-minute burn to listen to those podcasts. You’re not, I guess. Spending the 15 minutes is easier than spending a couple of hundred bucks to get someone to figure out how to get an aux-in jack on my stereo… to me, at least.

I also play with a lot of classic computers and it’s hard to find SCSI CD-ROM drives that will read fast-speed CD-RWs.

Really, by your definition CDs are completely obsolete so there’s no need to fuss about what speed of CD media to use. :slight_smile:

Jim

[QUOTE=PhotoJim;2569425]Ahh, one of these “if it’s new it must be better” people?

Jim[/QUOTE]

Ha ha, are you then one of the “too fast judging people”??

Read my sig, you will get the idea that I never was after fast burnings, I just want data integrity and reliability.
I started with a SCSI 2x CD-R writer in 1997, had plenty other drives before and after that, just recently bought DVD-R(A) 1x to feed my Pio S201 with…
Got the idea? I hope.

Probably you think you have bought a kinda actual DVD burner and now you can insist making it compatible with 2x-4x CD-RW media…

You may succeed, but I doubt it.

BTW, please don’t disturb that what I said/wrote. It makes the meaning of it kinda useless.

[QUOTE=nv40;2568958][B]pepst[/B] is it true only for cd-rw? cause i see another esperanza dvd+r manufacturer is mitsubishi chemical corp.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, almost all Esperanza media are of crap quality. :Z
Esperanza is well known for selling media with fake MID codes and those DVD+Rs were certainly not made by MCC.