GSA-H20L 30minute burning/reading

vbimport

I have one in my new PC, and shortest time for burning a DVD or a audio CD is 30minutes, copying a DVD takes little longer.

I have a sata HD drive, and an IDE HD drive on slave with LG on master, all jumpers are OK and both ide drives are set to DMA.

It doesn’t matter with which HD i work, all have the same speed with the burner.
just before, i was copying an image from a DVD to sata HD, had to wait for 30 min, and wanted to see some streamed video online, and the sound was distorted/slowed, if i canceled the transfer, sound immediately turned fine…

everything else works fine, i have an
Intel Core 2 Duo E6300
1GB RAM
ASRock ConRoeXFire-eSATA2
Maxtor 6V200E0
Maxtor 6V160E0

anyone has any suggestions? i am desperate,
and i am very sorry if this has already been posted somewhere, but i couldn’t find anything on the search here.

Welcome to cdfreaks :slight_smile:
Post the result of the Nero CD-DVD Speed burst transfer test, you need a disk with some data in the drive to run the test. It should display about 23 MB/sec.

will do it, as soon as i get my pc online again,
i read somewhere that i should try to remove ide controlers from the system, with device manager,
and after i restarted it, system wont boot anymore.
OS is on the SATA drive, so i dont have idea why it wont boot up.
thanks gods i have a laptop nearby…

EDIT::

Oke, first of all, i appreciate fast reply, and second, my burst rate is 19MB/s

cheers

ellow, ellow,

i finally made it, it burns a DVD in little under 9 minutes…

i guess that after i deleted ide controllers, they appeared in DMA mode, and after that everything went smooth.

what about my time, is it good?
anyone?

cheers

It’s hard to say. It depends on what speed of media you were using and what speed you were trying to burn at. An 8x burn for a full disc would take about 7-8min+, so that would be ok. A 16x burn at that speed, however, should take about 6min. An 18x burn is around 4:50-5min+.