GSA-H10N issues

this drive is from I/O magic but it is with LG i think.When i hooked it to the USB and turned it on, the drive would not close and keep opening unitl i shut off the power. Second, when i insert a blank DVD to burn or a Music CD to play, it doesn’t do anything. When i then go to my computer and double click the Drive icon, it says to inster the disk even though the disk is in the burner. After instering the disk, the drive just closes and doesn’t do anything. I don’t think the disk is spinning either because there is no sound. My dvd burner’s model number is IDVD168DLE, and in my computer, the drive is labeled as HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-H10N. THe usb port works fine, this frigging dvd burner is giving me problems. The firmware is JL10. please help me with this problem.

Please do not crosspost, as this is against the rules here :a

it is not making any sounds and acting as if i have not inserted any CD or DVD, Nothing happens, please help? any things i can do to make my DVD drive work. (this is not related to other threads, as this is a seperate issue)

What the heck is this, this was suppost to be a different thread as this is to a different DVD drive, seperate from the one above. this some bull.

Hi mrose3211
The drive is the same model and your first created thread was titled “GSA-H10N issues” The title itself suggests multiple problems. Therefor there is no need to create multiple threads. Creating multiple threads to ask essentially the same question annoys other members.
You are also expected to do some research yourself by using the search function. The chances are, these same questions have already been asked and answered in other threads in this forum.

mrose3211, first of all, the GSA-H10N is an internal drive unit. It sounds like you are running it with an external casing. I’m not sure if you hooked it up that way yourself or if you were sold the drive that way. In either case, please note that LG internal writers often cause problems when used in external cases. What you have sounds like issues with the USB casing or USB drivers.

If you want to know for sure if the drive is faulty or if it is a USB issue, remove the drive from that external case and connect the drive directly to an internal IDE controller on your system. If it works, then the casing is at fault. If it still displays the same problems above, then the drive is faulty.

I’ve got a problem with HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-H10N JL10 drive.
I can’t start CDSpeed (Nero CD-DVD Speed) quality test with any DVD disk.
Button [B]Start[/B] is simply disabled.

Is there any solution for this problem?

HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-H10N do not support scanning.

Answered by ala42 in this thread.http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=201970

Mine is also I/O magic, but was bought from Staples as external burner-USB 2.0. Tried to back-up some movies - it works fine. I haven’t done anything else with it yet, but will return to this thread if problems arise.