GSA-E10L doesn't work plz help

vbimport

i bought a external super multi dvd writer and
when i plug it into (LG GSA-E10L) my Laptop
it have a small popup that says Found new hardware - HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-E10L USB storage device - then it changes to CD-ROM Drive, then a window pops up and says

"the software you are installing for this hardware: CF-ROM drive

has not passed Windows Logo Testing to verify its compatibility with Windows XP.
Continuinig your installation of this software may impair or destabilize the correct operation of your system either immediately or in the furture. Microsoft strongly recommeneds that you stop this installation now and contact the hardware vendor for software that has passed Windows logo testing." and u get to choose two options “Continue Anyway” “Stop Installation”

if i choose continue it just says it has failed to install the new hardware device. and when i look in system->device manager there is an exclamation mark and

"Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device."

i looked at soooo many sights for the driver and i have found it and all em say just click the update thing after u plug in the LG DVD writer, but nothing has worked, none of those firmware downloads even do anything. PLZ HELP!!

Code 39, eh. You can try deleting your upper/lower filters, as per this MS support page, rebooting and unplugging the drive, then plugging it back in and see if that helps.

I have the E10N version (no Lightscribe), and it’s installed fine for me.

Welcome to the forum. :slight_smile:

thanks for helping, too bad i got to go to class, i’ll make sure to reply results asap =]
quick questioin what is upper/lower filters?

Drivers and such from some software in the registry that can cause things to go a bit weird with optical drives, and can be the cause of that particular error :wink:

Good luck!