OK I’ve been trying now for weeks to figure out why the sound on this player with my bare bones system (ASUS P4G8x dulux mb + winxp pro sp2) sounds terrible. Have read other peoples issues from various newsgroups & just about exhausted ever avanue I can think of to try get the sound working properly. (The sound is broken or fragmented sometimes very frequently no matter what movie dvd is played) My IBM lab top plays the same dvd movies perfectly with synchronous video & sound.
- Changed ribbon to 80pin on secondary channel as master.
- Upgraded firmware of drv from 1.03A to 1.05A successful
- Tried many different dvd’s
- Checked audio drv’s of mb but not updated them using Avance AC97 Audio
- Installed ASPI 4.71 drv confirmed install ok
- Using DMA mode
Can any one else other me any further advise other then take the drv back and ask for another one. I 'm on the brink of doing that. I’m kind of dissappointed as after doing extensive homework on DVD writers this seemed to receive better reveiws than others hence the reason I chose LG.
Any suggestions are much appreciated