someone from LG-Germany called me to solve my problems with my GSA-4120B (see other thread). He gave me some tips, which should solve my problems (it seem that they are aware of that problem).
In case you should reboot, don’t do just a restart but let the computer go down - switch it of!
Do the following in this order:
- Deinstall chipset drivers
- Deinstall all your ASPI-drivers
- Disable antivirus stuff
- Disable firewall (if activated)
- Install the chipset drivers (in my case VIA 4in1, see via.com.tw -> QuickLinks -> ViaHyperion drivers)
- Install the newest ASPI drivers ( e.g. from http://www.chip.de/downloads/c_downloads_8833907.html )
- Deinstall Nero (or whatever you use)
- Reinstall Nero
- New firmware A104 should be installed - they allow e.g. bitsetting (for DL media), see http://de.lgservice.com/ (German) or http://us.lgservice.com/ (English)
- new NERO will be released the next days, supporting new firmware with bitsetting etc. (last revision was 6.3.117), see http://www.nero.com
- medias like maxell should be best (have not tested them)
I will test this stuff this evening. I will report about news.
If this helps you, I would be happy about reports.