GSA-2166D and other, stop recognizing DVD's

Hi all,
I’ve been surfing the forum trying to a get solution to a major issue so many of you/us are reporting:In some LG burners the DVD burning functionality stops in some months after install.
So far I do not see anyone that has come forward and said he/she has fixed the issue. As for me:I have the same issue with the GSA-2166D .It worked great 3 months .I had it replaced with a brand new one that worked 48-72 hours and that’s it.The unit recognizes empty DVD’s on a random basis.It works seamlessly on my partners laptop.
So basically the issue remains an unsolved mystery, as if these units work then suddenly cease working it is absolutly not a firmware issue .Later today i am going to try a fresh OS install on my Laptop and see if it makes a difference.
If anyone has a solution -PLEASE post it here. :bow:

Well, as I said Later today i am going to try a fresh OS install on my Laptop and see if it makes a difference.
I did it and the the burner DID NOT work.I now tried it on another computer-and it did not work there as well.Tried other USB cable.Did not work-and this is 2 second out of the box unit.
Make your own conclusions. :confused:

Solution:
HARDWARE ISSUE.
Got a brand new model from the store GSA-E10N. Worked perfect out of the box.So far so good!

I had the same issue on my LG 2166D - DVD’s not playing randomly. I fixed the issue by going into Device Manager, deleting the device from the DVD/CD ROM drives list, restarting the computer and letting Windows detect the new hardware. The issue resolved after Windows reinstalled the device and drivers. Good luck!!