Gridiron Gang and beta 6112

vbimport

Has anyone had a successful backup with this disc AND watched the film (Gridiron Gang or Crank) afterwards to confirm a flawless copy? I know this is a brand new beta so I will be patient waiting for a response. Thanks all.

Crank works perfectly fine with Anydvd and has for a long time now.
If your copy doesn’t there’s a chance you might have a bad original disc.

Well i ahven;t rie dthat disc in a while but i am having the same problem with Gridiron gang where in Nero Recode and teh latest ANydvd it rips completely but then detects a missing vob file on teh file check prior to burn. I am still having this problem with Gridiron gang although i haven’t tried the 6112 beta just yet will ry it this evening.

I also have a problem with Gridiron Gang as well as Crank. I got around the Crank problem by using the re-author mode on dvd shrink. Here is the error I got when using dvd shrink on Gridiron Gang…

Windows XP 5.1
IA32
WinAspi: -
ahead WinASPI: File 'C:\Program Files\Ahead\Nero\Wnaspi32.dll': Ver=2.0.1.59, size=160016 bytes, created 6/17/2003 8:25:03 AM 
Nero API version: 6.0.0.28
Using interface version: 6.3.1.4
Installed in: C:\Program Files\Ahead\Nero\
Application: ahead\Nero - Burning Rom
Recorder:             <_NEC DVD_RW ND-3550A>    Version: 1.05 - HA 1 TA 1 - 6.0.0.28
 Adapter driver:      <atapi>                   HA 1
 Drive buffer  :      2048kB
 Bus Type      :      via Inquiry data (1) -> ATAPI, detected: ATAPI 
 Connected to MMC as unknown drive with class-nr : 1
 Drive is autodetected - recorder class: Std. MMC recorder

=== Scsi-Device-Map ===
DiskPeripheral       : WDC WD400EB-11CPF0               atapi Port 0 ID 0  DMA: On 
CdRomPeripheral      : SONY DVD-ROM DDU1612             atapi Port 1 ID 0  DMA: On 
CdRomPeripheral      : _NEC DVD_RW ND-3550A             atapi Port 1 ID 1  DMA: On 

=== CDRom-Device-Map ===
SONY DVD-ROM DDU1612       D:   CDRom0
_NEC DVD_RW ND-3550A       E:   CDRom1
=======================

AutoRun : 1
Excluded drive IDs: 
CmdQueuing     : 1
CmdNotification: 2
WriteBufferSize: 56623104 (0) Byte
ShowDrvBufStat : 0
EraseSpeed     : 0
BUFE           : 0
Physical memory     : 375MB (384496kB)
Free physical memory: 227MB (233288kB)
Memory in use       : 39 %
Uncached PFiles: 0x0
Use Static Write Speed Table: 0
Use Inquiry    : 1
Global Bus Type: default (0)
Check supported media : Disabled (0) 

NeroAPI
6:59:57 PM	#1 Phase 112 File APIProgress.cpp, Line 244
	DVD-Video files reallocation started

6:59:57 PM	#2 DVDREALLOC -21 File DVDVideoCompilation.cpp, Line 1154
	Required file 'VTS_14_0.VOB' is not present

6:59:57 PM	#3 Phase 115 File APIProgress.cpp, Line 244
	DVD-Video files reallocation failed

6:59:57 PM	#4 Text 0 File NeroAPIBurnFS.cpp, Line 204
	Failed to realloc DVD video files

Existing drivers:
File 'Drivers\ADPU160M.SYS': Ver=v3.60a (Lab01_N(johnstra).010529-2218), size=101888 bytes, created 8/17/2001 3:07:32 PM 
File 'Drivers\PXHELP20.SYS': Ver=2.02.29a, size=16160 bytes, created 11/16/2001 1:02:00 AM (Prassi/Veritas driver for win 2K)

Registry Keys:
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WinLogon\AllocateCDROMs : 0 (Security Option) 

Does this make any sense to anybody?

i made a copy of gridiron gang and crank with anydvd 6.1.0.7 and clonedvd but havent tried with the beta

I did both with Clonedvd and AnyDVD 6.1.0.7 as well. No problems.

ok i used the new beta 6112 and still with recode2 i get the same errors prior to burn that says “Required file VTS_14_0.VOB not present” and then “DVD-Video files reallocation failed” What is going here? When can we expect a resolution to this guys (at Slysoft). I am beginning to get scared here i don;t remember a time that it has been this difficult to fix any problem that has arisen. Same problem through 4 different betas now. Please help! Thanks!

can you download the trial of clonedvd2 from slysoft and see if you have the same problems

www.slysoft.com

going to try it but i strongly prefer to use Recode2. No disrespect to Slysoft they make terrific products, but there are certain reasons I prefer Recode2. So i am hoping that Slysoft can fix their wonderful product (AnyDVD) very soon for me. I’ll let you know how it goes.

Crank and Gridiron Gang were both successful as movie only (don’ t care for extras myself)

On AnyDVD 6.1.0.7 and Shrink.

No problemo.

you never know, it could be nero that has giving you this problem, giving clonedvd a try could help you backing up this movie, or help us giving advice :iagree:

yeah i backed up with CloneDVD but i still want to use recode and will probably recopy with it once the problem was fixed. I don;t think the problem is with recode itself becuase it has only happened with these 2 discs so i think it has something to do with the way AnyDVD is decrypting with these 2 particular discs.

[please delete

please delete what? and why?

its maybe something recode can’t handle, well at least you’ve backed it up now, and hopefully you’ll start using clonedvd more :wink:

Use CloneDVD set to DVD DL and rip it to the hard drive. Then open up the rip with Recode and see if that works for you.

if that was the case then clonedvd wouldn’t have backed it up either, i’m thinking it’s more to do with recode

You can use CloneDVD2 AND Recode. Disable compression in CloneDVD2 and compress CloneDVD’s output with Recode.
You will get the best of both programs: CloneDVD’s unique “title deletion” and structural repair feature and Recode’s good compression.