Green subtitles instead of white

ive posted some before but it doesnt seem that anybody wants to respond the problem i have is that after doing the dvd2one thing my subtitles appear green and fuzzy can someone tell me whats up with that and how to solve the problem?

Hello did you use ifo edit ??

If you are not using Dvd Decrypter (in File Mode), try using this.

The only time I have had this problem is when pre-processing with IfoEdit

wen i rip movie files only (less Than 4.3GB) then create new ifo’s with ifo edit do i get green blurry subtitles,does neone know how to fix this,wud b appreciated

This has nothing to to with dvd2one if you are using ifo edt for dvd’s that are smaller then 5 gig you can use dvdtoolbox…

Originally posted by badlamps2k1
wen i rip movie files only (less Than 4.3GB) then create new ifo’s with ifo edit do i get green blurry subtitles,does neone know how to fix this,wud b appreciated

If you are using Dvd20ne, there is no need to use IfoEdit, to create new .ifo files, as Dvd2one does this for you. Just rip the movie with Dvd Decrypter (in File Mode) and process with Dvd20ne.

i know dvd2one is not at fault,its a problem i came across b4 dvd2one was around that i never managed to fugure out,hardly use this method now,but still wud like to know a remedy

The problem is, that if you use IfoEdit to create new ifos for main movie vobs, there is not subtitle color section correctly initialized.
Best method is to rip original main movie ifo file, backup it somewhere and after creating new ifo files with IfoEdit use tool called IfoUpdate, that will get required information (subtitles, colors, audio languages etc) from original ifo and correct the new one you got from IfoEdit.Then your subtitles will be just fine.

Yes, or you can use Ifoedit,by selecting the VTS_PGCITI,in the Original IFO, select VTS_PGC_1 and on the subtitle Color tab copy the code, go to your newly created Ifo, select the VTS_PGCITI, select the same subtitle Color tab and paste the code.

Not sure this has anything to do with this forum though :bigsmile:

Originally posted by Phil Thomas
[B]Yes, or you can use Ifoedit,by selecting the VTS_PGCITI,in the Original IFO, select VTS_PGC_1 and on the subtitle Color tab copy the code, go to your newly created Ifo, select the VTS_PGCITI, select the same subtitle Color tab and paste the code.

Not sure this has anything to do with this forum though :bigsmile: [/B]

jmecherul

A good question, and one that baffled me too on one film after using ifoedit. Its not a DVD2ONE problem as Phil Thomas states.

Howere thanks for posting the question and Phil - thanks for the answer.

Another, perhaps easier way to carry across the sub colour and language info to the new IFOs is to make sure you rip the ifo for the film as well as the VOBs but instead of creating new ifo’s open the film ifo into ifoedit and use VOB Extras.

Just make sure that you have at least ‘Correct Vob-Unit (Navigation Pack) pointers in VOB-files’ + ‘Correct original IFO files’ + ‘Create new IFO files. (Movie Only)’ ticked. ifoedit will then create your new ifos but they will already have the correct sub colour and audio language information :slight_smile:

Oh, almost forgot, you may get an error message (something about an ifo file not existing or something, I can’t quite remember) from ifoedit during this process but just OK it. If you stripped streams you’ll have a new set of VOBs - if not just some new ifos. Just make sure you have all the right ones in the right folder, you’ve quitted and then restarted ifo edit and done a ‘Get VTS sectors’ before you burn.

Cheers,

JMP

P.S. erm,.,. DVD2one . . . …

(thought I’d better mention it 'cos after all, this is their forum :wink: + I like the way development is progressing guys. Keep it up!!)

thanks guys for posting your stuff here its really interesting what goes on with this i usually burn the dvds to a +rw disk to check and see if everything works fine the thign that is weird is that after a while using the disk the subtitles turn to normal i cant explain whats going on no idea at all i tried using dvd2one1.1.1 and it seems taht the problem is solved but i dono what to think i tried editting vobs in ifoedit but i never got a dvd to work right u know to like take extras and subtitles and all that i dono what is wrong with it i just cant get it to work i follwed doom9’s guide but couldnt get it to work now i tried dvd2one and in some cases the dvd works fine after burning letting alone the subtitles problem no need for ifoedit re-editting but thanks for helping
also someone was suggesting replacing the code for the subtitle color from the ofiginal ifo’s to the new one but there is no difference between the two files so i dono what to edit the colors codes are the same in both files yet the subtitles are different

Why don’t you just start from scratch again without having to create new IFOs. Use DVD2One in movie only mode set at 4360 for size. DVD2One will detect your movie and process. DVD2ONe is fast so you don’t have to worry about waiting a long time. It doesn’t take that long. Of all the time that has passed, you could’ve done it many times.

Just found the answer, to this as it was bugging me like mad, and as I always take from this forum and never seem to be able to give back, here’s my chance!!

http://www.dvdrhelp.com/forum/archive/t165762.html

NYPlayer posted 2003 Jun 28 20:36

• start IfoEdit

• press ‘Open’ and select the path to the ORIGINAL IFO file

• press ‘Open’ and select the path to new generated IFO file ‘VTS_01_1.IFO’

• mark in the upper window of IfoEdit the ORIGINAL IFO and select under ‘VTS_PGCITI’ the PGC

• menu ‘Subtitle Color’ -> ‘Copy Colors from this PGC’

• mark in the upper window of IfoEdit the new generated file ‘VTS_01_0.IFO’ and select under ‘VTS_PGCITI’ the ‘PGC 1’

• menu ‘Subtitle Color’ -> ‘Paste Colors to this PGC’

• press ‘Save’ to save the new ifo

• close IfoEdit

I have the same problem, and copying the colors from the original IFO only turned my green fuzzy subtitles into red fuzzy subtitles. Does anybody have the hexadecimal IFO code for white?

Situation is that I have added a Swedish subtitle track to a R3 DVD and kept the English one, so now I have two tracks but I still only find one reference to color in VTS_01_0.IFO, and still I get white normal english subs and red fuzzy swedish ones…

[edit]
Nevermind, I got it working. I do not see the logic however as changing color values does affect the english track too but in another way than my swedish one… Ie I change outline in the IFO to grey and the english one turns white while the swedish one turns grey… Strange.