Green Pixels and other pixelation

vbimport

I’m trying to rip a dvd to generic xvid.avi Everytime I do, I get some green pixelation during random parts of the movie. They usually only last about 1-2 seconds but it’s annoying to say the least. I have tried everything and last night even wiped my hard drive and reinstalled windows entirely. Tried to rip and I got the same thing. So I don’t know what’s going on. Here are some details.

Using DVDFab 4.0.6.5 beta, and also tried 4.0.6.2 got the same results.

Computer specs:
Intel 915D over clocked to 3.6ghz
Pioneer DVDR 115 drive
2gb of Ram
Sata HD

Rip Settings
generic xvid.avi
2600 kbps
720x468 dimensions

And I’m not burning the files, I’m playing them directly on my computer, or streaming to my xbox. I get the pixelation at the exact same moments on both the PC and the Xbox.

Thanks for the help.

Az,

I have done literally hundreds of titles and have not had this problem.

Please let me know a title that you have and I’ll do a few tests.

I have a fairly big Science Fiction collection so one of those would be good.

[quote=GregiBoy;2004342]Az,

I have done literally hundreds of titles and have not had this problem.

Please let me know a title that you have and I’ll do a few tests.

I have a fairly big Science Fiction collection so one of those would be good.[/quote]

Mars Attacks Widescreen
Kung Fu Hustle Full Screen

I’m trying to get them into xvid.avi audiocopy

When I rip those to h264 avi audiocopy it works, but takes much much longer. Do I need to be downloading any specific codecs or anything? I had the klite pack before I reinstalled windows xp, and I left it off this go around to see it that could have been the problem (ie conflicting codecs or something)

Thanks again Greg, I’m just getting sad cause nothing I’m doing seems to work. Is there another program I should try just to see if DVDFab is conflicting with my computer for some reason?

Thanks,
Tony

[QUOTE=azlord2;2004451]Mars Attacks Widescreen
Kung Fu Hustle Full Screen

I’m trying to get them into xvid.avi audiocopy

When I rip those to h264 avi audiocopy it works, but takes much much longer. Do I need to be downloading any specific codecs or anything? I had the klite pack before I reinstalled windows xp, and I left it off this go around to see it that could have been the problem (ie conflicting codecs or something)

Thanks again Greg, I’m just getting sad cause nothing I’m doing seems to work. Is there another program I should try just to see if DVDFab is conflicting with my computer for some reason?

Thanks,
Tony[/QUOTE]

You could try AutoGK… Free download.

Don’t have those titles…

Have all the Alien, Predator & Terminator sets.

[quote=GregiBoy;2004488]Don’t have those titles…

Have all the Alien, Predator & Terminator sets.[/quote]

Do you have AVP?

Yep, I’ll try again it tonight… I’ve already done it once… (Also got AVPR :flower:)

I am sure it is something to do with the bitrate and the resolution you are choosing.

I know you said that the 1100 qualiy wasn’t good enough but from my testing using a Network Media Players hooked up via HDMI to 32" LCD screens and a 60" Pioneer rear projection unit, the quality is as good as the original DVD.

I just had some friends over last night and I asked their opinion too so that I was sure it was not just me, and they all agreed that the quality was as good as the original.

You’ve gotta be setting something wrong…

I’ll let you know about AVP later.

Greg, just so you see what I’m seeing I’ve uploaded some screen grabs.

Bump… update, I just tried a different ripping program and I’m not getting any pixelation at all when I use the other software to rip. Same codecs and same settings.

But I like DVDFab better, the community, the interface. If anyone can help figure out what is causing those green blobs, please let me know so I can continue to use DVDFab

Az,

I tried AVP as we agreed with my settings and I had absolutely no sign of the dreaded “GREEN BLOBS”…

What I’ll do is attach my custom profile that I use and do an encoe of a couple of chapters with that and let me know the results.

Just copy it to the Program Files\DVD Fab…\Profiles and rename it to a .xml file instead of a .txt file and then add a new device in the GUI settings.

ziova.widescreen.xvid.audiocopy.txt (750 Bytes)

[quote=GregiBoy;2005192]Az,

I tried AVP as we agreed with my settings and I had absolutely no sign of the dreaded “GREEN BLOBS”…

What I’ll do is attach my custom profile that I use and do an encoe of a couple of chapters with that and let me know the results.

Just copy it to the Program Files\DVD Fab…\Profiles and rename it to a .xml file instead of a .txt file and then add a new device in the GUI settings.[/quote]

I will try it tonight. Thanks Greg.