Greek optical media manufacturers

Does anybody know what happened to the two Greek manufacturers of recordable optical media - Creation Optical (a.k.a. OMP S.A.) and Arcadia Digital S.A.?
AFAIK OMP S.A. went bankrupt in 2004 or early 2005, what happened to their assets? Vroom just posted a scan of 16x Creation DVD-R, I am quite surprised that they did release a 16x rated medium (though outsourced).
And I do know almost nothing about Arcadia S.A. - can anybody help me? :bow: What kind of media did they make and what was the quality of their products?
Thanks in advance.

Hi pepst!
I don’t know about Arcadia, I haven’t ever used any such media.
About Creation, you can still find these discs in one of the main estores here in Greece. Have a look in this search result:
http://www.e-shop.gr/search_ana.phtml?category=DVD-Recordable%2CDVD-Dual+Layer%2CCD-Recordable%2CCD-Rewritable%2CBLU-RAY%2CData+Cartriges%2CDDS+Tapes%2CZIP+Disks%2C���������&title=&brand=CREATION&x=30&y=7
It is in Greek, but you’ll get an idea :wink:
As you can see, there are 16x DVD±R discs.

To be honest, I have only used Creation CDRs but that was 2-3 years ago. I always got them as a cheap media, for stuff not so important. For their price they were decent. Burned without problems, but I don’t know about their longevity. I you wish, I can search if I can find any of these CDRs and post a scan for you…

I’m affraid I can’t be of more help!

pepst i think that both manufactures are out of business, and those creation are made by CMC (MTP6A cant read the rest of the serial).

[QUOTE=vroom;2264720]pepst i think that both manufactures are out of business, and those creation are made by CMC (MTP6A cant read the rest of the serial).[/QUOTE]

:doh: I didn’t know that! You mean that all Creation media are CMC made now? Both DVDs and CDRs?

I am sure for dvd’s.

Thanks guys. :flower:
OMP S.A.: I really wonder what happened to their facility and equipment. They were the biggest manufacturer in the Europe and went spectacularly bankrupt only after about 2 years of existence.
Are Creation branded media still easily available in the Greek retail stores? Their web site (www.creation-optical.com) does not work anymore.

[QUOTE=yyy;2264713]Hi pepst!
I don’t know about Arcadia, I haven’t ever used any such media.
About Creation, you can still find these discs in one of the main estores here in Greece. Have a look in this search result:
http://www.e-shop.gr/search_ana.phtml?category=DVD-Recordable%2CDVD-Dual+Layer%2CCD-Recordable%2CCD-Rewritable%2CBLU-RAY%2CData+Cartriges%2CDDS+Tapes%2CZIP+Disks%2C���������&title=&brand=CREATION&x=30&y=7
It is in Greek, but you’ll get an idea :wink:
As you can see, there are 16x DVD±R discs.

To be honest, I have only used Creation CDRs but that was 2-3 years ago. I always got them as a cheap media, for stuff not so important. For their price they were decent. Burned without problems, but I don’t know about their longevity. I you wish, I can search if I can find any of these CDRs and post a scan for you…

I’m affraid I can’t be of more help![/QUOTE]

Some scans would be great. :flower:

Don’t mention it :wink:

OMP S.A.: I really wonder what happened to their facility and equipment. They were the biggest manufacturer in the Europe and went spectacularly bankrupt only after about 2 years of existence.

Really? I didn’t know that…

Are Creation branded media still easily available in the Greek retail stores?

Not so easily available as they used to be, but you can find it in several places. It’s not like Verbatim though :bigsmile:

Some scans would be great. :flower:

I’ll search my archive of old and “not used anymore” CDs tomorrow. If I find any, I’ll scan them for you :wink:

I can’t find many of them :frowning:
Only two up to now, Creation CD-Rs…
I’m scanning them and I’ll post again.
If I find any other I’ll be back :wink:

Creation CD-R 2x-52x 700MB 80min
Inner hub: Line 9 1-1-2 0404241139- 26728
(I have no idea if this is any info for you or not)

I haven’t burned this myself, so I cannot provide any info about burner/speed.

[QUOTE=yyy;2265333]Creation CD-R 2x-52x 700MB 80min
Inner hub: Line 9 1-1-2 0404241139- 26728
(I have no idea if this is any info for you or not)

I haven’t burned this myself, so I cannot provide any info about burner/speed.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I really appreciate your effort. :flower:
I have a few of these CD-Rs too. According to the serial numbers this medium was made by OMP S.A. itself on Singulus Streamline machines.

Please, don’t say that again. That’s the spirit of this forum, isn’t it? :wink:

According to the serial numbers this medium was made by OMP S.A. itself

:bow: :bow:

on Singulus Streamline machines.

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Whatever you say!!! :bigsmile:

Creation CD-R 2x-48x
inner hub: 4-2 B 01 0301 0338-46
a little outer than that: CDR UG 80 E (I hope, not so readable)
Burned: May 2005, at Teac CD-R 55S (probably at 4x)

Scanned at Samsung SH-S223Q and Optiarc AD-7203S.
Sammy justified his reputation as a reader!

This is the last one. I can’t find any other. Same disc as in the previous post…

Creation CD-R 2x-48x
inner hub: 4-2 B 01 0301 0338-46
a little outer than that: CDR UG 80 E (I hope, not so readable)
Burned: September 2005, at Teac CD-R 55S (probably at 4x)

Scanned at Optiarc AD-7203S. TRT & ScanDisc are perfect…
This one is in a much better shape!

Does anybody know what is the MID code of these media?

http://www.progressive.gr/proion.asp?katigoriaID=171215&proionID=3084

first, this product is not available, but i will guess CMC or ritek, i will try to find one just for fun.

pepst i still have one or two SL media -/+ 16x if you want some?

[QUOTE=vroom;2304269]first, this product is not available, but i will guess CMC or ritek, i will try to find one just for fun.

pepst i still have one or two SL media -/+ 16x if you want some?[/QUOTE]

Of course, that would be great. :wink:
I have a few exotic types of media which I could send you for exchange.

The only exotic media that i have is a princo cd-r 2x-56x so when you have the time PM me with the info.

It seems that Arcadia Digital does not exist any longer.
http://www.eleftherovima.gr/cgi-bin/news/viewnews.cgi?newsid1235652077,41012,

The English translation

Another European manufacturer is dead. :doh:

[QUOTE=pepst;2432624]It seems that Arcadia Digital does not exist any longer.
http://www.eleftherovima.gr/cgi-bin/news/viewnews.cgi?newsid1235652077,41012,

The English translation

Another European manufacturer is dead. :doh:[/QUOTE]
Pepst the first link (Greek version) leads to an error page.

[QUOTE=Hemispasm;2432626]Pepst the first link (Greek version) leads to an error page.[/QUOTE]

It should work now. :doh: