Greatest Invention?

vbimport

That’s the question. What’s has been the greatest invention or breakthrough that has happened in your life. If nothing has really grabbed you then what invention has grabbed you ever?

If your feeling psychic then what invention would you like to see invented?

Mine would have to be the space shuttle. I love the idea of going boldly into space and exploring strange new worlds, to meet new civilizations, etc.:stuck_out_tongue:

Something to invent for me would have to be either the teleporter or replicator. The first one so that I could have a daytrip to Hawaii if I felt like it and the second one for the less selfish reason of solving world hunger.

So whats yours?

Windows.

Plain and simple we all hate MR Gates for his quirky OS but without it we’d still be fiddling in DOS and trying to figure out why.

I have no programs loaded yet I still only have 400 Kb base memory.

I love windows I know I’m going to get abuse for saying that but most people use it every day in some form or another and I truly think that what he has developed is really amazing.

• Go Gates Go

Dunno. Maybe t’internet.

Any Peter Kay fans out there?

I can’t really think of a favourite invention so I’ll try the psychic approach. Time travel would be nice, cause you could go back and do whatever you wanted without it affecting the future up until the point you travelled back from, because its already happened. Going into the future would be dodgy though as you would cease to exist. Don’t see the fun in that one…lol.

The book

Condom with sweat holes! :stuck_out_tongue:

Umm… probably the internet (why doesn’t it have a capital; or does it?:confused: )

Electricity.

toothpaste

Originally posted by Airhead
toothpaste
or toilet paper…:wink:

I believe toothpaste is more important than toilet-paper. If you ran out of toilet-paper you can replace that with something else, like money or a sock.
How do you replace your toothpaste?
toothy smilie -> :bigsmile:

I’m pretty sure apples can get your teeth clean…

I think electricity is the most important invention as well. But, we need to invent/invesigate clean ways to produce it.

Icelanders are my heroes right now, with the geothermal and hydrogen approach.

Fuel cells are great, but the process for manufacturing the hydrogen is not clean in normal situations. Fortunately, Icelanders have a nice solution and have taken the initiative to proceed with a wonderful plan. Now, if we could come up with some solar or cold fusion…

I think the world would be a better place :cool:

Originally posted by Womble
What’s has been the greatest invention or breakthrough that has happened in your life.

Originally posted by Mr. Belvedere
The book

Just how old are you?:eek:

The greatest invention that was done somewhere during the last 24 years? Hmm lemme think on this one. Ahh yes I know, I think the compact disc is a pretty good one… as I dedicate 30% of my life to that stupid round thingie… :wink:

Originally posted by DaneR
Just how old are you?:eek:

almost 30 if you must know.

Electricity isn’t an invention , so isn’t movement and all the other crap posted here.

The book however was one of the first things which could educate the masses instead of just the elite or the ruling class.
The book in all its forms has been given us information at least over the last 2000 years. I am not yet seeing the internet doing that and i have yet to see proof that the wheel educated the masses.

Sure, it wasn’t invented in my lifespan , but it still one of the most admirable inventions ever.

Within my lifespan there is no great invention. Perhaps cdfreaks itself ? :bigsmile:

Within my lifespan there is no great invention. Perhaps cdfreaks itself ? :bigsmile:

w00t, w00t!! :bow:

I think a (nail)clipper.

Mine would have to be the space shuttle. I love the idea of going boldly into space and exploring strange new worlds, to meet new civilizations, etc.:stuck_out_tongue:

Wasn’t the space shuttle already there before 1980 ?

Something to invent for me would have to be either the teleporter or replicator. The first one so that I could have a daytrip to Hawaii if I felt like it and the second one for the less selfish reason of solving world hunger.

I’d like a eadible and nutritious plant that could grow everywhere on the planet , in the desert , on top of the mount everest , deep within the ocean and within the jungle. 1st step is to stop world hunger , then economy collapses and people hopefully will start thinking of other things than how to kill each other.

Electricity isn’t an invention

Lol you are right! It was “discovered”. I bet that is in a book somewhere. :o

Wasn’t the space shuttle already there before 1980 ?

If nothing has really grabbed you then what invention has grabbed you ever?

I think I covered myself there. Like you I couldn’t think of anything since I was born. Expect CDFreaks of course.:stuck_out_tongue:

Originally posted by Dee-ehn
The greatest invention that was done somewhere during the last 24 years? Hmm lemme think on this one. Ahh yes I know, I think the compact disc is a pretty good one… as I dedicate 30% of my life to that stupid round thingie… :wink:

The CD was invented in 1976, i think, which is just 4 years before you were born :stuck_out_tongue:
Why don’t you try the DVD :wink:
Lololol.

edit
Mental note: Drink more coffee after midnight
/edit