Great product: VLC - the cross-platform media player and streaming server

I just found this mediaplayer. It’s awesome, as it can even plays DVD from .IMG image files etc etc… it works like a very charmy charming charm! And best of all: it’s free!

VLC (initially VideoLAN Client) is a highly portable multimedia player for various audio and video formats (MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DivX, mp3, ogg, …) as well as DVDs, VCDs, and various streaming protocols. It can also be used as a server to stream in unicast or multicast in IPv4 or IPv6 on a high-bandwidth network.

Available for:
Windows
Mac OS X
BeOS
Debian GNU/Linux
Mandrake Linux
Red Hat Linux
Familiar Linux
YOPY/Linupy
Zaurus
SuSE Linux
NetBSD
OpenBSD
FreeBSD
Solaris
QNX
Gentoo Linux

Go here!

What ? No Xbox ?

Oh well… i’ll try it out :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Been using it for a couple of weeks now…its nice, but Im not happy with the progress bar. Maybe there is a setting I`ve missed…? Whenever I wanna move within the media file the progress bar jumps back and forth before settling…

Anyway it`s a nice altenative to wmp… :wink:

what kind of media file do you experience the jumpiness with?

mpeg

Originally posted by wonderboy
mpeg

MPEG like in DVD MPEG2? If so, this is pretty normal, other DVD playing programs do just the same (they skip to certain “anchorpoints”).

Im mostly running mpeg1 (layer 2), but it might the same issues you mentioned for mpeg2, the "anchorpoints"...however I dont feel like it`s that much in wmp…

Anyway…nice proggie :stuck_out_tongue: