Great deal on dvd+r media

Originally posted by burke55
Anybody ever buy TDK DVD +R media 4x on ebay? This will burn at 8x in my Plextor. I paid 146.00 dollars US shipped from a seller with a good record. beats paying nearly 200.00 US. 100 each in 25 pack spindles.

Bestbuy has the exact same thing for $99 this week.

Direct link

Now, thats good ole American commerce. buy it cheap at Best Buy on sale and then resell it on ebay for a tidy profit while still providing your buyer a good deal. I need to run down to BB on my lunch break and pick up a spindle or two if they are still there and recoup my dollars. :stuck_out_tongue:

Heres the Arita at 2.4 it’s rated speed, even better but slow :slight_smile:
The latest 25 pack of TDK I bought were worse then the zmemorex versions so be carefull, the quality is slipping I think. My Sony won’t burn the TDK’s at anything over 2.4 and it would do the first batch I bought when I first got the drive. They stillburn fine at rated speed though in the 811, not good at 6x.

Originally posted by burke55
Now, thats good ole American commerce. buy it cheap at Best Buy on sale and then resell it on ebay for a tidy profit while still providing your buyer a good deal. I need to run down to BB on my lunch break and pick up a spindle or two if they are still there and recoup my dollars. :stuck_out_tongue:

yeah last week best buy had a sale on 24.99 for 25 pack or tdk’s, so thats probly what the guy sold him

My officemax didn’t carry them, nor did it seem like they ever even recieved a batch of these T_T

Oh well, I got a pack of 10 Fuji 4x dvd-r for 25 bucks.

Oh well, I got a pack of 10 Fuji 4x dvd-r for 25 bucks

Best Buy has those on sale right now, more like $15, :bigsmile:

Well I got one disk to burn at 8x with those Aritas so here’s it’s scan. It’s bad but it works in my Pioneer 563 OK and sorta works in the LiteOn with a bit of coaxing, suprised it made a full burn, even more suprised it works at all.

Originally posted by rdgrimes
Beware, these are wrapped spindles, no cake box. Some people report damaged discs, scratches, etc. They are also old stock, marginal quality. It doesn’t take very many bad discs to make the cost rise, and that assumes you actually get the rebate.

I just open the wrap today and notice more closely on the edge (just have time to.) It is a little rough edge like a quater feel. It does not seem to cause by damage during the shipment but rather during manufacturing. I think that the mixture of the glue they use is spilled out from edge during the process.

I know that for the price this is even cheaper than Princo. But is Ritek selling these things as a second grade or what. I’m sure that my CMC disk’s edge is much smoother than this.

I know this probably does not cause any issue, except very very small unbalance. Actually even older pressed DVD are like this also. The disc seems to be sealed correctly with space between edge and aluminum, though. it’s just kinda bother me a bit.

How do your Arita disk look?

Originally posted by blue23
[B]My officemax didn’t carry them, nor did it seem like they ever even recieved a batch of these T_T

Oh well, I got a pack of 10 Fuji 4x dvd-r for 25 bucks. [/B]

Try getting a substitue or raincheck. Or else get a TDK from bestbuy. The +R should be RICOHJNPR01. The -R should be TDKG02 (very good media for me) or RITEKG04.

I got the last spindle at my local OfficeMax and ended up with RICOHJPNR01 disc. Speeds 2.4x-8x :slight_smile:

But is Ritek selling these things as a second grade or what

I think that is very likely, considering they are selling some 4x media as 2.4x.

Mine also look a little rough on the edges.

Originally posted by simplelife
[B]I just open the wrap today and notice more closely on the edge (just have time to.) It is a little rough edge like a quater feel. It does not seem to cause by damage during the shipment but rather during manufacturing. I think that the mixture of the glue they use is spilled out from edge during the process.

I know that for the price this is even cheaper than Princo. But is Ritek selling these things as a second grade or what. I’m sure that my CMC disk’s edge is much smoother than this.

I know this probably does not cause any issue, except very very small unbalance. Actually even older pressed DVD are like this also. The disc seems to be sealed correctly with space between edge and aluminum, though. it’s just kinda bother me a bit.

How do your Arita disk look? [/B]

mines doesnt have that look, well the first pack i opened so far doesnt, but i know what your talking about, because some of my memorex(ricoh) have that bumpy edge look to them

I think that is very likely, considering they are selling some 4x media as 2.4x.

That is what i kinda afraid also. I’ve been seeing people report getting a JPNR01 on their Arita 2.4x. It must have been something that make Ritek can’t sell those discs as 4x.

I’ve always wondering what is the different between JPNR00 and JPNR01 to have speed rating different. My guess is that some chemical on them are differents.

edit for mis-spelling the media id

Originally posted by simplelife
[B]That is what i kinda afraid also. I’ve been seeing people report getting a JNPR01 on their Arita 2.4x. It must have been something that make Ritek can’t sell those discs as 4x.

I’ve always wondering what is the different between JNPR00 and JNPR01 to have speed rating different. My guess is that some chemical on them are differents. [/B]

LPNR-00 has generally been a much better media, even when written at 4x, than the JPNR-01.
It may just be that Ricoh was dumping some inventory to make room for the 8x media. We’ll never know which it is.

You guys may find my other thread on this deal interesting.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=86645

LPNR-00 has generally been a much better media, even when written at 4x, than the JPNR-01.
It may just be that Ricoh was dumping some inventory to make room for the 8x media. We’ll never know which it is.

So should I exchange RICOHJPNR00 for RICOHJPNR01? I know my OM will have a new fresh shipment around noon tomorrow!

where do I find the speed firmware for 811s (I did a search already but couldn’t find anything - it is a forest of post here)

Originally posted by delta901
[B]So should I exchange RICOHJPNR00 for RICOHJPNR01? I know my OM will have a new fresh shipment around noon tomorrow!

where do I find the speed firmware for 811s (I did a search already but couldn’t find anything - it is a forest of post here) [/B]

The 811S does not burn R-00 at 4x, only the 401S will do that.

Just got back from OM with another 2x 50 pack Memorex:

Media Information                            

Region information N/A not a DVD-VIDEO
Media code/Manufacturer ID RICOHJPNR01
Format Capacity Not Formatted
Free Blocks 405405696
Free Capacity 4.38GB(4.70GB)
Book Type DVD+R
Media Type DVD+R
Media Id Code Speed 4.0x 5540KBps
Available Write Descriptor CLV 8.0x 11080KBps
Available Write Descriptor CLV 6.0x 8310KBps
Available Write Descriptor CLV 4.0x 5540KBps
Available Write Descriptor CLV 2.4x 3324KBps
Data area starting sector 30000h
Linear Density 0.267um/bit
Track Density 0.74um/track
Number of Layers 1

At $60 (assume the rebate won’t fly), it is a steal for RICOHJPNR01

Went to a OM in Tucson AZ expecting to come away with the Imation substitute discs. But they had the Arita discs. The good thing is… they are marked 4x and are the RICOHJPNR01 :slight_smile: