Great deal on dvd+r media

vbimport

OFFICEMAX HAS A 100 PK SPINDLE OF DVD+R MEDIA FOR 39.00 AFTER REBATE!!!! STARTS ON 02/01/04 I was returning a dvd-burner and noticed that they had ARITA(RITEK) 2.4 +r bulk spindles being put on display.... saw 2/01/04 ad today on their site I believe these are the same 39.00 after rebate ...what a deal PS. I believe this is an in store special.....

Beware, these are wrapped spindles, no cake box. Some people report damaged discs, scratches, etc. They are also old stock, marginal quality. It doesn’t take very many bad discs to make the cost rise, and that assumes you actually get the rebate.

I was wondering about this myself. Has anyone had any good/bad experiences with Arita they’d like to share? I saw them in store, they look pretty cheap quality-wise but that doesn’t necessarily mean anything. $0.40 per disk is a pretty good deal, even if half of them are bad that’s $0.80 per disk, still one of the better deals I’ve seen.

arita is traditionaly made by ritek… very good media(very compatible) I will be buying ,will post results. 2.4 speed, how old can they be?They look like “better quality” at close view…

Those Arita 2.4x DVD+R discs are great!
They ID as RICOHJPN-R00-01 and so far are the best discs I tried in my PS2.
I bought these from an online store in New Zealand, the disc has a pink top with white writing and minor white stripe graphics.
Out of the discs I tried which are:
ProdiscG02, RitekG04 and RICOHJPN-R00-01 I gotta say these Arita(ricoh) discs are best so far in my ps2

If they turn out to be Ricoh R-00, they indeed should be good.

Can someone tell me how much they cost before rebate? And is it a mail in rebate, or an instant rebate?

I don’t have the flyer in front of me, but if I recall correctly they’re $79.99 normally, with an instant $20 rebate and a $20 mail-in rebate for a final total of $39.99.

Got to my OfficeMax at 10:55 (they’re supposed to open at 11:00), to find that they had already been open 10 minutes! Of course they were completely sold out of this item. Said they might get more during the week. :a

i was able to get 200 today, they are RICOHJPN, it was 59.99, 63.75 after taxes and a 20 dollar mail in rebate. 2.4x-4x burning speed, i looked over alot of them and i didnt see any damaged ones, seems like a good deal for 4x media

seems like a good deal for 4x media

It should be 2.4x, not 4x. that’s the difference bwtween JPNR-00 and JPNR-01

Originally posted by MassaCure
i was able to get 200 today, they are RICOHJPN, it was 59.99, 63.75 after taxes and a 20 dollar mail in rebate. 2.4x-4x burning speed, i looked over alot of them and i didnt see any damaged ones, seems like a good deal for 4x media

How did you get 4x? I knew that some people with 401s burn it at 4x but only 2.4x for both of my 411s (FS0F) and 811s (HS0K).

Media code is RICOHJPNR00 - 01!

Some of my friend told me that they got RICOHJPNR01-02. (will burn 4x 6x 8x for sure in my burner)

Which is better?

im not sure, but dvd identifier says the dvds are 2.4x-4x, and i was able to burn with my lite on 851s it is able to burn at 4x, i havent tested it on my nec 1100a yet, im not sure what will burn 8x with your burner, i have the same kind of questions about mines, which i just got about a week ago

2.4x or 4x about 6minutes?I can live with that.What is even better…39c apiece for QUALITY media(I’m still smiling) Let us admit that this is the best deal on dvd media in the anals of modern day history:bow: :bow: :bow: However, if someone knows of a better deal, pease post away:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Originally posted by narrw
2.4x or 4x about 6minutes?I can live with that.What is even better…39c apiece for QUALITY media(I’m still smiling) Let us admit that this is the best deal on dvd media in the anals of modern day history:bow: :bow: :bow: However, if someone knows of a better deal, pease post away:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

I’d reserve judgement until I actually burned some of them and tested them.

I just got one spindle of those. Mine are the 00 variety and my 811 says 2.4 only. I have a speed version of HSOE that lets me use all speeds available so I’m using that to see if they can handle any faster speed. I doubt it but I’ll see here in another half hour or so. Hoping for the best but I’m not expecting too much here. The gal I called about getting some after the first store I tried said they had one left but couldn’t hold it for me. She did however stash it behind the counter for me till I showed up and she wasn’t sposed to do that either :slight_smile:

burned and backed up, using dvd shrink, dvd fab, so far so good, even playing on my portable 7" … standalone works well also,these discs are not junk;) anyone else?

Well my first try at 8x crashed 17 percent into the burn. :wink: The second one at 6x has high error rates but it does play perfectly in my LiteOn 2001 and it is the more picky of the two machines that are my main ones.
Hers the Kprobe scan. This is with a reworked HSOE that unlocks media speeds.

Another disk out of the stack at 4x, much better quality

Anybody ever buy TDK DVD +R media 4x on ebay? This will burn at 8x in my Plextor. I paid 146.00 dollars US shipped from a seller with a good record. beats paying nearly 200.00 US. 100 each in 25 pack spindles.