Grandparents need a new tv

vbimport

Hey all, my grandparents need a new TV; however, I dont really have any recommendations for them so maybe you all can help.

Criteria:

$600

LCD

They will be using the speakers that come with the TV so the sound the TV puts out is important.

At lease 45 degree viewing angle.

Thanks for the help

None of the LCD TV’s are known for having good sounding speakers. They are average at best. Aside from that, head out to the stores and make some comparisons. The Samsung TV’s are highly recommended and for the price, the Vizio line would also fit the bill.

Honestly, how picky can your grandparents actually be. Like most new widescreen (16:9) format TV users, their biggest complaint will likely be that all of the SD programming will look like crap.

[QUOTE=pupuplader;2163438]Hey all, my grandparents need a new TV; however, I dont really have any recommendations for them so maybe you all can help.

Criteria:

$600

LCD

They will be using the speakers that come with the TV so the sound the TV puts out is important.

At lease 45 degree viewing angle.

Thanks for the help[/QUOTE]
Why limit yourself to LCD. I just picked up a Panasonic 42" plasma for $699 for my parents. Nice sound, amazing life like picture, very good SD picture quality (Panasonic’s ‘Just’ setting is better than most), and of course the best reliability in the business.