Grand Prix 4 with CloneCD

vbimport

I consider myself experienced with CloneCD, I have always been able to make backups okay with it but when I try and make a personal backup of Grand Prix 4 it wont work. It has Safedisc V2.6 and CD Checks to protect it. I knew something was up when there was no cd key for this product.

Everything I do I cant get a proper image for burning, please help.

My gear is Toshiba DVD-ROM SDM 1502 (reading)
Acer CDRW 1208A (writing)

Get Safedisc analyser and check for us which version of SD2 it has on it :cool:

I’m curious :stuck_out_tongue:

re. Grand Prix 4 game just out.

It has safedisc V2.60.052
CRC is 19a4c010

Are you using AWS?

What is AWS?

I am using WinXP Pro, they even have the cheek to show the safedisc macrovision logo at the start of the game, but when backup is made with clonecd v4 it gives u the XP error log report.
Its a definite copy problem, as when I pop the original in after installing from the copy, the original runs.
Has anbyone managed to copy a disc protected with safedisc v2.60 & cd checks?

Originally posted by overkill
[B]re. Grand Prix 4 game just out.

It has safedisc V2.60.052
CRC is 19a4c010 [/B]

2.6 eh…

Looks pretty new, might buy it and see if my LTR-48125W can copy, will report back to tell you, if I buy :smiley:

What is AWS?

Amplify Weak Sectors.

Try enabling it in the Device Settings and the Profile settings.

I consider myself experienced with CloneCD

What is AWS?
Hehe :wink:

Your Acer 1208 writer is a drive that supports ‘Correct EFM Encoding’ (needed for SafeDisc 2) almost correctly. This means the drive has no problems with SafeDisc versions up to 2.51.020. When dealing with a newer version (2.51.021) you need to enable AWS to help the writer make a working back-up. SafeDisc 2 version 2.40 and up also use the ATIP protection which means you need to enable the ‘Hide CDR Media’ option in the CloneCD-tray when playing from a CD-writer. This isn’t needed when playing from a CD-Rom/DVD-Rom. Try using the SafeDisc 2(.51) [AWS] Profile for this game.

Hi made working copy of GP4 just checked the disk with clony xxl safedisk 2.51 used its settings it worked no problem read it with my liteon 241040 had to hide cdr media i used clone ver 3.2.3.1
also read from my creative dvd no problem’s

Thanks I will give the new profile a try and report back. I did use AWS before in CloneCD v3 and BlindWrite which reported 590! read errors so I think this is more of the cd check problem rather than a safedisc problem. But i will try!

:bigsmile:

Originally posted by Surfmonkey
Hi made working copy of GP4 just checked the disk with clony xxl safedisk 2.51 used its settings it worked no problem read it with my liteon 241040 had to hide cdr media i used clone ver 3.2.3.1
also read from my creative dvd no problem’s

ClonyXXL is reporting it wrong I got the same as u but use safedisc analyser and it says v2.60 :stuck_out_tongue:

Mines can work with a crack file but thats not what I want m8, I have an original and I want an original 1:1 backup of it, could u post all your settings if you got it working?

Originally posted by G@M3FR3@K
[B]Hehe :wink:

Your Acer 1208 writer is a drive that supports ‘Correct EFM Encoding’ (needed for SafeDisc 2) almost correctly. This means the drive has no problems with SafeDisc versions up to 2.51.020. When dealing with a newer version (2.51.021) you need to enable AWS to help the writer make a working back-up. SafeDisc 2 version 2.40 and up also use the ATIP protection which means you need to enable the ‘Hide CDR Media’ option in the CloneCD-tray when playing from a CD-writer. This isn’t needed when playing from a CD-Rom/DVD-Rom. Try using the SafeDisc 2(.51) [AWS] Profile for this game. [/B]

Tried the new profile, and it failed. :confused: Ah well this is one tough cookie needing cracked I guess. I am sure that there will be some form of app that can copy sd v2.60 and the cd checks together soon.

[B]

Tried the new profile, and it failed. :confused: Ah well this is one tough cookie needing cracked I guess. I am sure that there will be some form of app that can copy sd v2.60 and the cd checks together soon. [/B]

There are several. Clonecd, blindsuite, cdmate and discjuggler to name a few. You could also dump an image with discdump and burn with any burning soft in a raw mode BUT your writer must support correct EFM encoding.

Tried the new profile, and it failed. :confused: Ah well this is one tough cookie needing cracked I guess. I am sure that there will be some form of app that can copy sd v2.60 and the cd checks together soon.

It’s not the burning app, it’s your burner. Only a handful of burners will do unaided (AWS) while there aren’t many more that will do it with AWS. Time to turn that Acer into a Packet writer and buy an ASUS CRW 4012A or 4816A :smiley: (…or a Liteon faster than 16x ;))

Originally posted by philamber

There are several. Clonecd, blindsuite, cdmate and discjuggler to name a few. You could also dump an image with discdump and burn with any burning soft in a raw mode BUT your writer must support correct EFM encoding.

CloneCD most certainly does not work with this game and neither does blindwrite suite on the nibble method. I will browse gamecopy world for the others and try them but to be honest I think that if CloneCD cant copy them what make u so sure these others will? My drive does support correct EFM encoding as well as Amplify Weak Sectors that why I can enable them :wink: but I am duboius about other people saying they got it working when they cant. AFAIAC my Acer CDRW is the best at copying all protections and is supported in the CloneCD hardware list. I am dubious about upgrading its firmware at the moment though in case there is a feature to stop copying some protections included.

Originally posted by FutureProof
It’s not the burning app, it’s your burner. Only a handful of burners will do unaided (AWS) while there aren’t many more that will do it with AWS. Time to turn that Acer into a Packet writer and buy an ASUS CRW 4012A or 4816A :smiley: (…or a Liteon faster than 16x ;))

My burner does support EFM and AWS so name me an app that can test this and I will try it. AFAIK clonecd allows me to enable it so it must work, it is also supported in the clonecd hardware list. I may upgrade the firmware and try.

My burner does support EFM and AWS so name me an app that can test this and I will try it.

Why don’t you test Grand Prix 4, is has SafeDisk 2.60.052…

:stuck_out_tongue:

No offense, but the information provided by the CDFreaks moderators in this thread is correct! Apparently you aren’t too familiar with the latest SafeDisk copyprotections… Maybe you should revise your knowledge! (Maybe start in the CloneCD forum and read maybe some topics in the CloneCD experienced forum :stuck_out_tongue: )

BTW:

AFAIAC my Acer CDRW is the best at copying all protections and is supported in the CloneCD hardware list

Besides not being able to write the latest SafeDisk revisions your writer also isn’t able of copying Playstation Libcrypt protected disks…

Trust me m8 it aint working on copying the new Safedisc V2.60 if you have copied this latest protection Id love to hear from you, sure I can copy sd v2.5 but this one is a whole new ballgame. Not even clonecd is able to hack it. There is another hidden feature in the protection which throws up the xp error log when you run the game. Like I said before if my writer can copy SD v2.5 why not v2.6? There IS a big diiference and Im “not convinced” its my hardware just yet, so I will wait a few months and see other feedback before I rush out to buy new hardware needlessly thanx…:smiley:

There are no differences between SD2.51.021 & SD2.60.052 regarding the weak sectors… only new/modified programs are added to the blacklist (like Daemon tools).

BTW, I am not sure but isn’t there a known problem with SafeDisk and XP? You could search M$ knowledgebase, or maybe someone else around here knows if this is correct.

Forget all the above, I have been reliably informed that this disk also has “roxxe protection” and not cd checks as stated previously. No wonder it couldnt get copied right, I tried clonecd v2.8.3.2 then even v3 and v4.

It just had to be some new protection to stop backups didnt it!