Grainy Copy

Hi,I used DvdFab Platinum for the first time today and everything worked well…But when I watch the movie its a little grainy any one know what I did wrong.

Recorder is TS-H652L
Media used :Verbatim DVD+R DL “Singapore”
Used custom setting in DvdFab

I removed all the extras and left only main movie and menus so there was plenty of room for it not to compress should have been 1:1.

Oh and by the way the movie was 300
thanks in advance

[QUOTE=billxo;2012961]Hi,I used DvdFab Platinum for the first time today and everything worked well…But when I watch the movie its a little grainy any one know what I did wrong.

Recorder is TS-H652L
Media used :Verbatim DVD+R DL "Singapore"

I removed all the extras and left only main movie and menus so there was plenty of room for it not to compress should have been 1:1.

thanks in advance[/QUOTE]

This has to be the first [B]grainy[/B] issue I have seen,…

Movie :300 The only thing I can think of is maybe because I didnt lower the write speed to 2.4x and left it on recomended dont know.

I noticed this too when I copied Rush Hour 3… Hm, what speed are you burning at? However, my copy was just barely noticeable if it was anyone else, they wouldn’t have noticed it. Have you tried burning with shrink?

No I havnt tried shrink…its not unwatchable its quality is that of a d5 recording should look way better since its not compressed

[quote=billxo;2012972]Movie :300 The only thing I can think of is maybe because I didnt lower the write speed to 2.4x and left it on recomended dont know.[/quote] Does the orig play ok or is it a little grainy, could have been a dirty disc and could very well be that you tried to burn it to fast, but with todays burners you should be able to burn at or close to max burn speed for the media used. Myself I use Verbatim +R DL 2.4X to 8.0X and burn at 6X with great results, like my good friend Tim said the first time I have heard of grainy burns with FAB :confused::confused:

[QUOTE=billxo;2012961]Hi,I used DvdFab Platinum for the first time today and everything worked well…But when I watch the movie its a little grainy any one know what I did wrong.

Recorder is TS-H652L
Media used :Verbatim DVD+R DL "Singapore"

thanks in advance[/QUOTE]

There shouldn’t have been any change in the video quality at all. :confused:

If it’s uncompressed then the video content should be the identical to the original.

Some movies are deliberately grainy to start with if the director wants to create that certain look.

Try comparing sections where you find it particularly noticeable with the original and you’ll probably find they are the same.

[B]Wombler[/B]

my back up was grainy also but blame the director for that since he chose to film it that way.

…my back up was grainy also but blame the director for that since he chose to film it that way…But when I watch the movie its a little grainy any one know what I did wrong…Movie :300 The only thing I can think of is maybe because I didnt lower the write speed to 2.4x and left it on recomended dont know…

Are you guys backing up the movie without first watching it to see if it’s worth copying or not???

yeah thats just how it looks.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/300/trailers.php

I should have said the original is grainy so the back up is too. It director’s fault for how he filmed the movie

Really hum I hadnt even noticed it in the originall makes sense though cause it looked more like a frost type effect that ive done in photoshop than it did per say grainy ill have to watch the originall to make sure thanks .