Gracenote

I am using Anydvd 6.7.1.0 and Clonedvd2 2.9.1. Windows XP SP 3. A Sony DVD RW AW-Q170A drive on Compaq Evo 510.

When I copy a DVD it does not have the gracenote info on the copy that was on the original.

Has anyone had this problem and found a solution?

Thanks

[QUOTE=seitzmark;2550446]I am using Anydvd 6.7.1.0 and Clonedvd2 2.9.1. Windows XP SP 3. A Sony DVD RW AW-Q170A drive on Compaq Evo 510.

When I copy a DVD it does not have the gracenote info on the copy that was on the original.

Has anyone had this problem and found a solution?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Are you sure on the CloneDVD version your giving us? I dont recall a version 2.9.1??

I was using 2.9.1, but have upgraded to 2.9.2.8 since I wrote the original note. It has not changed the outcome. The copies do not have a working the gracenote feature.

[QUOTE=seitzmark;2550446]
When I copy a DVD it does not have the gracenote info on the copy that was on the original.[/QUOTE]

I seriously think your confusing what a DVD and music cd is. If not can you tell us the dvd title??

A [B]grace note[/B] is a kind of music notation

@coolcolors , This is the Gracenote the OP is postiong about:

This is a link to Gracenote Video ID:
http://www.gracenote.com/products/videoid/
I don’t know how CloneDVD works with this if it does .
I would give AnyDVD with ImgBurn a try to make a backup copy to see if the Gracenote Video ID works that way.
This is the first time I have heard of Gracenote Video ID .

If Gracenotes works from the metadata on the disk, seitzmark will have to make an ISO of the original, then burn to a double layer disk if it is too large to fit onto a single layer disk. (use Verbatim brand DL media)

CloneDVD2 should be able to produce a complete, uncompressed copy and output as an ISO. This would be the preferred method, especially if there is structural protection on this disk. Just select ISO/UDF image as the output.

Burn the ISO with ImgBurn.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2550628]If Gracenotes works from the metadata on the disk, seitzmark will have to make an ISO of the original, then burn to a double layer disk if it is too large to fit onto a single layer disk. (use Verbatim brand DL media)

CloneDVD2 should be able to produce a complete, uncompressed copy and output as an ISO. This would be the preferred method, especially if there is structural protection on this disk. Just select ISO/UDF image as the output.

Burn the ISO with ImgBurn.[/QUOTE]

My last try was this method of making an ISO with CloneDVD2 and then burning the ISO onto a DL DVD with Imgburn. It did not work.

Is there anyone out there who has sucessfully copied a DVD with the Gracenote info intact?

I haven’t done this . I still think your best bet is to enable AnyDVD .Use ImgBurn in Build mode to build an .iso (despite the warning ImgBurn will have for using AnyDVD.)

AnyDVD can interfere with ImgBurn’s ability to verify accurately, please ensure it’s disabled!

Make sure ImgBurn Tools/Settings I/O /Interface has the ElbyCDIO - Elaborate Bytes selected.
Then Write with the .mds file.
I don’t have Gracenote on anything so I can’t test. This might not work either .

[QUOTE=cholla;2550648]I haven’t done this . I still think your best bet is to enable AnyDVD .Use ImgBurn in Build mode to build an .iso (despite the warning ImgBurn will have for using AnyDVD.)

Make sure ImgBurn Tools/Settings I/O /Interface has the ElbyCDIO - Elaborate Bytes selected.
Then Write with the .mds file.
I don’t have Gracenote on anything so I can’t test. This might not work either .[/QUOTE]

I appreciate your thinking about the problem, but your suggestion did not work.

BTW, virtually every DVD has some sort of gracenote info that references a database on certain devices. I have a Sony BDP CX960 megachanger which automatically catalogs the DVDs loaded into it. This is the reason I would like to figure this out.

Isn’t there a ‘jacket’ folder on some DVDs? that might be where the meta-data is. Or it could be like identifying audio CDs, where it’s done by some kind of checksum. I know for audio GraceNote can ‘listen’ to a song and create a signature in its database, linking it to the song title.

PS: Google got me to this page: http://www.gracenote.com/products/videoid/ . Google it yourself for even more info.

@ seitzmark , When I said I didn’t have Gracenote on anything I meant any of my DVD standalones. I’m sure some of my commercial discs contain this meta-data maybe all of them do.
It could be related to your computer DVD burner & its ability to write meta-data.
I think this would be similar to certain drives ability to write CD text. I’m not sure how to check a drives capability for this.
I did look up your Sony BDP CX960 megachanger & it seems to me it has to be connected online for the gracenote to work.

Simplify your home theater. This MegaChanger automatically downloads and organizes movies so you can search by jacket art, title, director, cast, genre and more—all you need is a broadband internet connection. And with the online Gracenote™ database, you can find Blu-ray Disc movies, DVDs or CDs within the changer quickly and easily.

What files & folders are on the commercial DVD that are not on the burned DVD?
Open both with Windows Explorer & check.

[QUOTE=cholla;2550695]@ seitzmark , When I said I didn’t have Gracenote on anything I meant any of my DVD standalones. I’m sure some of my commercial discs contain this meta-data maybe all of them do.
It could be related to your computer DVD burner & its ability to write meta-data.
I think this would be similar to certain drives ability to write CD text. I’m not sure how to check a drives capability for this.
I did look up your Sony BDP CX960 megachanger & it seems to me it has to be connected online for the gracenote to work.

What files & folders are on the commercial DVD that are not on the burned DVD?
Open both with Windows Explorer & check.[/QUOTE]

Yes my CX960 is connected to the internet.

All the files on the original DVD are on the copies. The reason for my question in this forum is that when I load a copied DVD the CX960 does not find the gracenote info as opposed to when I put the original DVD in the CX960 the gracenote info is found and displayed by the CX960.

Hence something is missing on the copied DVD. My question is has anyone successfully copied a DVD including the gracenote info and how did they do it?

hi if the dvd info works the same way cd-text works then the information is not stored on the dvd. An original cd information is stored online and it’s the unique id of the cd that lets the stored information be downloaded to the player or burning software. that’s how nero and other software works. [eac ]
i hope that help u in some way.Also get a copy of [ASPI4ALL] it has a checker to see if it is properly install on ur system.ur dvd\rw is capable of writing cd-text so the dvd part should be no different.

benz.

I did some testing to see if my DVD drive would actually write CD-text a while back.
The CD-text is on the CD-R & works even when not online.
If you need to use something like freedb that is online .

HI, I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM! I have two Sony 995’s. One for TV DVD’s the other for Movie’s. My wife /kids would take discs out and the players did not remember the disc names. So I spent hundreds of $$'s and hours on re-burning the originals and INCLUDED the DVD text in the discs, JUST so my 995’s would read the disc if taken out and put back at a later day. I am using AnyDVD (liscened version) along with ImgBurn. Those worked PERFECTLY! No worries. All the orginals in a big trunk in the basement. Fine!:clap:

So I finally pull the trigger on the Sony BD 960. Me thinks between the DVD text on the back up versions and the back ups I made of most of my Blu’s, I should have ZERO problem. I get the thing, get it updated, set up and it will NOT read a SINGLE back up title off of GraceNote UNLESS it is an ORIGINAL DVD or Blu. PAIN IN MY A$$HOLES (to quote Borat). :a

So, manually entering titles sucks and I’m VERY reluctant to put my originals in the players. Sony REALLY missed the mark with Grace note on this BDPiece of crap! :doh:

Why wouldnt their newest product read DVD Text??? What the hell??? Any one?? Beuller?? :confused:

[QUOTE=GermanRedrum;2571577]HI, I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM! I have two Sony 995’s. One for TV DVD’s the other for Movie’s. My wife /kids would take discs out and the players did not remember the disc names. So I spent hundreds of $$'s and hours on re-burning the originals and INCLUDED the DVD text in the discs, JUST so my 995’s would read the disc if taken out and put back at a later day. I am using AnyDVD (liscened version) along with ImgBurn. Those worked PERFECTLY! No worries. All the orginals in a big trunk in the basement. Fine!:clap:

So I finally pull the trigger on the Sony BD 960. Me thinks between the DVD text on the back up versions and the back ups I made of most of my Blu’s, I should have ZERO problem. I get the thing, get it updated, set up and it will NOT read a SINGLE back up title off of GraceNote UNLESS it is an ORIGINAL DVD or Blu. PAIN IN MY A$$HOLES (to quote Borat). :a

So, manually entering titles sucks and I’m VERY reluctant to put my originals in the players. Sony REALLY missed the mark with Grace note on this BDPiece of crap! :doh:

Why wouldnt their newest product read DVD Text??? What the hell??? Any one?? Beuller?? :confused:[/QUOTE]

You gave very little information to know what is going on and also what hardware you using isn’t the same as the OP posted so you going to have to give more specs. You gave no software used or what burner your used and what O/S your using???

I have a Dell with 3gb ram laptop, external Panasonic Blu buner, Curretn versions of: AnyDVD HD, IngBurn, TittleWritter.

The issue is the player WILL NOT read DVD Text. And If AnyDVD makes a 1-1 copy, wheres the disconnect from the burn, to what the 960 sees? My 995 sees the DVD Text written by TtitleWritter, but the NEW 960 wont. Wheres the problem here? It just seems like they cut out a $20 feature to rely on GraceNote.

[QUOTE=GermanRedrum;2571956]I have a Dell with 3gb ram laptop, external Panasonic Blu buner, Curretn versions of: AnyDVD HD, IngBurn, TittleWritter.

The issue is the player WILL NOT read DVD Text. And If AnyDVD makes a 1-1 copy, wheres the disconnect from the burn, to what the 960 sees? My 995 sees the DVD Text written by TtitleWritter, but the NEW 960 wont. Wheres the problem here? It just seems like they cut out a $20 feature to rely on GraceNote.[/QUOTE]

Anydvd doesn’t copy but only rips and creates ISO image. So where your saying 1-1 copy doesn’t match what Anydvd itself? So what software are you using to copy the dvd??? Is it Imgburn ? What are the steps your doing to make the copy?

Yes, like I said earlier, current version of ImgBurn. My question continues tho - so I went through and loaded all my discs and had to pull out the originals for sake of use. It did see two back ups tho, Book of Eli and Black Hawk Down. Unsure WHY Gracenote saw those back ups but not others.What little file is on a OEM disc that is lost in the back up version?

Me thinks schinanagans are a foot.

So I found this out on GraceNote:

http://www.gracenote.com/products/videoid/

Anyone know how to edit that MetaData or TOC data so Gracenote will recognize it?