Governor Terminates Texting While Driving

vbimport

http://www.kcra.com/news/17551235/detail.html

This is a great idea but unless they have some way to know who is texting while on the road it will be hard to enforce. They need electronics in there police cars that will show a person phone is texting when they pass them

Yet another law that can’t be enforced.

So true CC, this I hope won’t pass…because some people I know have MAJOR medical issues, and if there parents cant be on the phone while driving, and something goes wrong while they are driving, then it won’t be very good! It probably won’t pass either!

It did pass here in Washington. Or at least a ‘Hands Free only’ law did. It is a secondary offense at the moment (they have to stop you for something else, like a tail-light or seatbelt) but, like the seatbelt law, could easily become a primary offense. I drive a lot so I’m in favor of it, myself.

edit: just read the article and theirs is a really watered down version. In WA it’s a full moving violation (~$188) and includes talking on a cell phone.

SAMLAR
Let me understand this ARNIE,again . While it’s a
good idea this clown has let everyone down here
in this state for a long time.
ZAP.:rolleyes::bigsmile:

Yes he replaced someone by saying he would fix the things needed there and has done the same thing the person before him did.
Calif. already has a handsfree law not they have not texting law.

[QUOTE=RCM;2132224]So true CC, this I hope won’t pass…because some people I know have MAJOR medical issues, and if there parents cant be on the phone while driving, and something goes wrong while they are driving, then it won’t be very good! It probably won’t pass either![/QUOTE]

That’s what hands-free kits are for :wink:

We have a law here in England (you get fined if you’re caught whilst driving and texting) - as CC so rightly says though, I’m guessing it’s hard to enforce, given the amount of drivers I still see texting whilst they should be focussing on the road.

Edit: also, if you know someone who has medical issues, it’s still prudent to at the very least, pull over at the first available chance to deal with the text there. :wink: