Got my 2500A :)

Just received my new 2500A - manufacture date: February 2004
Factory firmware: 1.06 (December 2003)
Price: 106€

Here in Portugal most people can’t afford to buy good DVD media because they’re expensive, and Portugal is not not a rich country. I bought a 10 pack of Princo DVD-R for 7,50€ (0,75 cent. each) and as I expected they work just fine, at least I got no coasters.
Everything seems to be fine, except a somewhat high CPU usage when reading/writing DVD media.

check if DMA is enabled.

Congrats on the purchase Lvsitano! :smiley:

Originally posted by Lvsitano
[B]Just received my new 2500A - manufacture date: February 2004
Factory firmware: 1.06 (December 2003)
Price: 106€

Here in Portugal most people can’t afford to buy good DVD media because they’re expensive, and Portugal is not not a rich country. I bought a 10 pack of Princo DVD-R for 7,50€ (0,75 cent. each) and as I expected they work just fine, at least I got no coasters.
Everything seems to be fine, except a somewhat high CPU usage when reading/writing DVD media. [/B]

Not that expensive.
Here in Spain any type of media is much more expensive than in any other site, because the cannon of SGAE (0,60€) per DVDmedia, (DVD+DL will become 1.20€).
For some types of media the cannon does not apply.

The cheapest i can find in my city:
Bulkpaq: 1.06€ Unit (very crappy)
Princo: 1.13€ unit (crappy)
Ritek: 1.34€ Unit (i don´t know the grade)

Quality media (the ones with cannon) is more expensive
Verbatim DVD-R: 3.00€ unit O_o
one DVD-RW: 5.00€ Unit
By internet sites(spanish) i’ve seen spindles of 100 units of bulkpaq. Price 60€

You can compare…
Im considering go to Portugal (30min in car) to buy media. :slight_smile:

At least, the NEC2500A is more cheap here, i buyed mine at 101€. XD

Greets :wink:

You can compare…

Yeah, but you’re forgetting something very important: you Spanish have higher wages. The minimum wage in Portugal is about 360€ and in Spain is almost 500€.
I could buy Datawrite Red DVD-R media for 0,56€ each (25 pack) but that media is worst than Princo :Z

About the high CPU usage. I have UDMA enabled in all drives, but as I’ve just installed new nVIDIA IDE drives I have to test with these new drivers.

If those new Nvidia drivers don’t play nicely, uninstall them and reboot so that the default Microsoft drivers will load. :wink: