Got any ifo on disks other than Ebay?

Also I qulify as a old fart… If you don’t find me working, I’ll be at the lake fishing out of my bass boat… If all of that fails I’m here on this computer messing with DVD’s…

Always glad to see new faces around here. Especially if they’re from the mid-south. Just so you know, Crappie are beginning to bite at Horseshoe lake in Ark. :slight_smile:

Just got back from Ky Lake…I have a little cabin up there. This trip was plumbing and yard work…I work for Stratos and Thursday they got my new trailer ready…I hope to bring the boat home tomorrow…

Got any ifo on disks other than Ebay?

I got so ticked at my Sony I bought the 2500 without asking any questions…Looks like it was a good move…

I buy most of my blank CDs and DVDs from either Bestbuy or CompUSA. The DVDs from CompUSA are relatively cheap. I think the last set I bought were Princo discs that burned at 2x on my NEC ND-2500A. Oddly enough, I can sometimes find killer deals on blank DVDs at Wal-mart. I’m trying to remember…I think I picked up 10 Maxell discs for somewhere around $16.00. These burned at 4X. Just have to hit the store at the right time.

Good thing Memphis is only 30 minutes away. :bigsmile:

They had some for $40 per 100 the shipping was a little steep. $20

Welcome old fart…nice to see I’m not the only old fart poking around here…:slight_smile: The thing with e-bay…or on-line in general is it’s so hard to tel what make you are really buying…I use tiger direct alot myself…:slight_smile:

What I like about compusa…walmart, or office depot…is that I can hold hte sleeve…look around…and at the very least…se if was made in china / japan / or india…if made in japan…usually good disks…china…i walk away…most likely cmc made…

I only buy from a couple people…They handle branded stuff…Never had a problem…Yet anyway…

Get this…I had 50 Riteks on the Sony if you ised them and put a lable on them they wouldn’t work…With the NEC they do…with or without label.

yes, sticky lables are a pain…I see the draw…and i read post after post the glue…the glue is evil…personally…I think the exra weight of the paper lable throws of the balance of the drive…just my 2 cents…:slight_smile:

I admit that I have stopped using labels, to lazy being the main reason, but I’ve never had a problem with them in all I’ve only had one label peel in all my burning experience, but what I have noticed is how you look after them.

If your a grubby fingers kind of guy/gal then the seem to end up in an awful state but if stored correctly no problems.

Just my two pennies worth.

It’s just a project with me…I’m trying to figure out how to make my printer print them…

Try CDrLabel its what I use when I do use labels.