Got a Zune 80gb and a Sansa Clip

vbimport

Hi everyone, I just decided to get back into using portable audio devices and have been out of the loop for many years. The last portable audio device I had was one of the original Creative Rio PMP’s which had either 16mb or 32mb lol. Let me just say that I am completely impressed with current players compared to my old creative player. They hold so much content for such small devices.

I recently bought the Sansa Clip 2gb for it’s light weight and decent sound and it being fairly inexpensive so I won’t be too worried if it gets lost or destroyed on the go. I also was in the market for a decent portable video and music player and I decided on getting the MS Zune 80gb model. I am pretty happy with both, but the Sansa came with crumby headphones/earbuds or whatever they call them which is to be expected at it’s price and is an easy fix and other than that I love it.

The Zune is bigger and heavier of course, but it is still plenty portable and can easily fit in pants or a shirt pocket etc. The Zune screen is really nice and the sound is excellent and comes with decent headphones as well. I have loaded about 300 pics, 250 mp3’s, and 32 videos of which 11 are full movies (mp4). The Zune still shows 64.80gb free space. It is easy to navigate the device controls. A couple things I wish the Zune had was the ability to record FM radio and a voice recorder like the Sansa clip has and also an adjustable EQ even though the player does a good job on it’s own with the supplied headphones.

I have found that headphones make all the difference in the world. Each set of headphones gives each of these players a completely different sound. I only have 4 sets right now and none are the real pricey ones. I have the JVC marshmallows, some Sony MDR-G42’s, The stock Zune ones and the stock Sansa ones. I like the Stock Zune ear phones the best for their clarity, second best I like the Marshmallows which have the most bass, then the Sonys, and in last place the Sansa ones. I am going to research more on headphones in hopes of finding the best sounding ones overall for under $100 if possible.

Just thought I would share a little bit about my new toys and wish everyone happy listening and viewing experiences with yours. :slight_smile:

[quote=MaximusHQ;2092587]Hi everyone, I just decided to get back into using portable audio devices and have been out of the loop for many years. The last portable audio device I had was one of the original Creative Rio PMP’s which had either 16mb or 32mb lol. Let me just say that I am completely impressed with current players compared to my old creative player. They hold so much content for such small devices.

I recently bought the Sansa Clip 2gb for it’s light weight and decent sound and it being fairly inexpensive so I won’t be too worried if it gets lost or destroyed on the go. I also was in the market for a decent portable video and music player and I decided on getting the MS Zune 80gb model. I am pretty happy with both, but the Sansa came with crumby headphones/earbuds or whatever they call them which is to be expected at it’s price and is an easy fix and other than that I love it.

The Zune is bigger and heavier of course, but it is still plenty portable and can easily fit in pants or a shirt pocket etc. The Zune screen is really nice and the sound is excellent and comes with decent headphones as well. I have loaded about 300 pics, 250 mp3’s, and 32 videos of which 11 are full movies (mp4). The Zune still shows 64.80gb free space. It is easy to navigate the device controls. A couple things I wish the Zune had was the ability to record FM radio and a voice recorder like the Sansa clip has and also an adjustable EQ even though the player does a good job on it’s own with the supplied headphones.

I have found that headphones make all the difference in the world. Each set of headphones gives each of these players a completely different sound. I only have 4 sets right now and none are the real pricey ones. I have the JVC marshmallows, some Sony MDR-G42’s, The stock Zune ones and the stock Sansa ones. I like the Stock Zune ear phones the best for their clarity, second best I like the Marshmallows which have the most bass, then the Sonys, and in last place the Sansa ones. I am going to research more on headphones in hopes of finding the best sounding ones overall for under $100 if possible.

Just thought I would share a little bit about my new toys and wish everyone happy listening and viewing experiences with yours. :)[/quote]

the right headphones always make a big difference; enjoy your new toys!