Got a new Plextor!- Plextools question

I had an old 8/4/32 Plextor awhile ago and got a new 48/24/48A model. I remember at that time, there were incompatibilities or problems with Plextools loaded while using other burning software.

Is that still the case? It seems Varirec and perhaps some of the other nicities won’t work unless Plextools is loaded??

Thanks,
Robert

Hello Robert! :bigsmile:

Congrats on the Plextor purchase. :wink:

Right now, I have PlexTools 1.18, Easy CD creator 5, EAC, and the windows cd burning software installed all at once. I experience no problems using PlexTools for ripping or burning my audio discs (I just burned two not too long ago).

Originally posted by valnar
It seems Varirec and perhaps some of the other nicities won’t work unless Plextools is loaded??
Nope. VariRec can be used when the burn software support it. For example Nero Burning Rom can also use VariRec regardless if PlexTools is loaded or not. Some other features of PlexTools, such as Hide CD-R Media and Enable Single Session, do require PlexTools to be loaded. I’ve installed the following software on my system without any problems: CloneCD, DiscJuggler, PlexTools, Nero Burning Rom.

Originally posted by G@M3FR3@K
I’ve installed the following software on my system without any problems: CloneCD, DiscJuggler, PlexTools, Nero Burning Rom.

But do you keep Plextools loaded (on the system tray) while you run other CDR programs?

Sorry, I realize its a dumb question as I can figure it out for myself, but sometimes typing a question is easier. :bigsmile:

Robert

Nope, only when I need the options I mentioned (Hide CD-R Media, Enable Single Session, SpeedRead, etc). I don’t like have programs running in the background when I don’t need them so I’ve disabled the autostart option in PlexTools.