Got a disk that seems to lock up CloneCD

I’ve been using CloneCD for about 2 days and run into a stumbling block. I’m trying to copy a simple multi-media disk that seems to lock up the Clone CD program.

I start CloneCD hit the duplicate disk button, it scans and produces the disk report and no matter what option I try to use to burn the disk with (AUDIO CD, DATA CD, GAME CD, MULTIMEDIA AUDIO CD, or PROTECTED GAME CD) CloneCD locks as soon as it starts the reading session. I checked the disk and it requires an 8x CD Rom minimum to run.

The transfer speed starts off really nice (187k) but with in a few seconds it drops to 0k and just sits there counting the elapsed time. I’ve let it count away a few times for 20 minutes with out seeing the progress meter move and in every case I must use the windows task manager to shut it down or I can not open my disk drive, and even then I still must crash stop my computer as windows will not shut down properly.

Has anyone ever encountered such a problem or is there something i’m missing??

[QUOTE=wraiken;1973802]I’ve been using CloneCD for about 2 days and run into a stumbling block. I’m trying to copy a simple multi-media disk that seems to lock up the Clone CD program.

I start CloneCD hit the duplicate disk button, it scans and produces the disk report and no matter what option I try to use to burn the disk with (AUDIO CD, DATA CD, GAME CD, MULTIMEDIA AUDIO CD, or PROTECTED GAME CD) CloneCD locks as soon as it starts the reading session. I checked the disk and it requires an 8x CD Rom minimum to run.

The transfer speed starts off really nice (187k) but with in a few seconds it drops to 0k and just sits there counting the elapsed time. I’ve let it count away a few times for 20 minutes with out seeing the progress meter move and in every case I must use the windows task manager to shut it down or I can not open my disk drive, and even then I still must crash stop my computer as windows will not shut down properly.

Has anyone ever encountered such a problem or is there something i’m missing??[/QUOTE]

First off what burner and firmware are you using and what O/S are you running?? Also what version CloneCD are you using? You left out this spec information and also what disk are you trying to burn with clonecd? You gave very limited information and is vague on specifics of software and hardware to determine much what is causing the problems??