GOP spends $150,000.00 on Palin's look

vbimport

:cop:The BS keeps piling up.
http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-politics/20081022/Palin.Clothing/

I wonder how much Hillary’s campaign spent on her or Obama’s campaign spent on his wife? Men have it lucky (except for pretty boy John Edwards) in that there isn’t nearly as much scrutiny over their looks. If Palin shopped for her clothes at Walmart they would would have ridiculed her for that too.

Walmart doesn’t have good clothes? :slight_smile:

I suspect if Palin was wearing Walmart clothes that she’d have more appeal to the less wealthy members of the USA - aka those that frequent Walmart, whether they buy clothes from there of not … which, I suspect would be approx 70% of the population.

:flower: So sorry but where is the evidence to support your claims. If the Dems spent $150k on Geri Ferarro in 1984 they should ask for their money back:). More GOP BS http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-politics/20081024/Palin.Clothing/

[QUOTE=jamescooley1;2146069]:flower: So sorry but where is the evidence to support your claims. If the Dems spent $150k on Geri Ferarro in 1984 they should ask for their money back:). More GOP BS http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-politics/20081024/Palin.Clothing/[/QUOTE]

How much do you think Obama’s campaign has spent on his wife? I bet it has been more than $150k of that $600 million wad he has collected. Palin is donating the clothes to charity after the election is over anyway. This is just another attempt by the left wing controlled media to make something out of nothing. John Edwards spent way more money hushing up his side salad and the same press didn’t bother to say ONE WORD about it. I swear their hypocrisy knows no bounds.

No UTR I do not think they spent more on Obamas wife because if they did it would not be news, since it would be in there report also
To this would be all about nothing so why should we care if it had not been in 1994 that this was one of the major things the good John McCain was against. But outside of the it being against what John said it is not a story. And even then I figure John was to busy to know what his campaign was doing on this. The also said today that the person doing her makeup is the highest person In Johns compaign. If somone in his compaign thought this was what should be done then they are the one responsible. I still figure John would not have approved of this had he known.

Not important

[QUOTE=samlar;2146148]No UTR I do not think they spent more on Obamas wife because if they did it would not be news, since it would be in there report also[/QUOTE]

Considering all the other passes the press has given Obama why wouldn’t they do the same for the amount spent on his wife’s wardrobe? BTW, has it ever been reported just how much she has spent. That might have been something worth adding to the articles about Palin’s wardrobe expenditures. I wonder why it wasn’t included? Hmmm… let me take a wild guess. :wink:

Because it would be to big a story since they already have Palin’s story and there is one thing you can be sure of News people will not pass up a big story.

[QUOTE=samlar;2146216]Because it would be to big a story since they already have Palin’s story and there is one thing you can be sure of News people will not pass up a big story.[/QUOTE]

One would think that Obama’s brother would be a story that is too big to pass up but I don’t see MSNBC, CNN, ABC, CBS, Fox News etc. reporting on it much, if at all. You put way too much trust in the press.

But it is not a story his bother per his own words is where he wants to be and doing what he wants to do.

Did you read the article? He wants out of the slum. He made that abundantly clear.

Yes in his own words he says

He said that he was furious at subsequent reports that he had been abandoned by the Obama family and that he was filled with shame about living in a slum. “It seems there are people who want to destroy me and my family,” he said.

“They say I live on a dollar a month, but this is all lies by people who don’t want my brother to win.” He said that he was supported by his mother, Jael, who now lives in the US, and by a cousin in Huruma.

These word say the word printed that he is Obama family make him furious because he has not been.

Let’s get back to the original point. Has Obama ever offered the guy any help?

[quote=UTR;2146413]Let’s get back to the original point. Has Obama ever offered the guy any help?[/quote] The original point??? …Are you sure you’re not confusing this thread with that other thread? :wink:

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2146469]The original point??? …Are you sure you’re not confusing this thread with that other thread? ;)[/QUOTE]

You know, I actually caught this just as I hit the send button. I was hoping no one else would catch it too. Since there is another thread that covers this topic I must plead that I got confused as to which thread I was in. That’s my story and I am sticking to it. I stayed up way too late last night and this is just one of the signs I should have turned off the computer earlier in the evening (or morning to be more precise).

The money spent on the 2008 Presidential Election is in excess of a [B]billion dollars[/B]!. Campaign rhetoric started 3 years ago and has heated up ever since.

Here we are electing a president and vice president of the wealthiest country…ever.
Palin is the only non-millionaire of the 4.
She’s not really a Vera Wang and Tiffany kind of girl.
She frequently shops at a consignment shop in her home town and who the hell cares where she shops, anyway.
She can shoot a bull moose and field dress it all by her lonesome.
Perhaps she should campaign in her red & black checkered parka.

The RNC is paying for this wardrobe and it is not Palin’s to keep.
The clothing is destined for donation.

150K for the wardrobe of the vice presidential nominee of the wealthiest country on the globe!!!
Well, I’m shocked…shocked I tell you.
Keep in mind that this was RNC money.

Have you looked at what your government spends [B]your[/B] money on?
For an eye opener, check out the
[I]Congressional Pig Book Summary[/I]
which illustrates the complete disregard that Congress has for its constituents. The Pig Book only lists the worst offenses and totals
$2,800,000,000.

If you don’t want to support Palin-McCain because of their conservative platform or political records or some other [B]germaine[/B] issue, then please, have at it and vote for the candidate of your choice.

To denigrate someone or someone’s party on the basis of a borrowed wardrobe worth $150K is just shameful.

This is right up there with the criticisms levelled at Michelle Obama for having lobster and caviar at the Waldorf-Astoria as reported by the New York Post.
First off, who gives a $hit if the woman can order caviar and lobster and not have to worry about the bill?
Turns out, she not only was not staying in the hotel, but she wasn’t even in New York State.
How nice of The Post to print a retraction…probably on page 17 below an underwear advertisement…and how typical.

By all means, vote for the candidate(s) of your choice, but for God’s sake, base it on something that matters.

maineman I agree this is the most stupid thing but news paper people have to find things any thing that they think will be read.

:Z

First:
I don’t care what the excuse, there is NO NEED EVER for a 7 year old child to have a Vuitton ANYTHING! What good is a bag that costs more than anything you could possibly put in it? Give me a break.

Second:
I seriously doubt that an equally presentable look could not be acheived for a fraction of this cost. It makes a statement about the value system of someone who is going to be closely involved in how to spend money, and also those who this kind of clothing is necessary to impress. Even though I admit I know very little about her, his little bit of info really drove home how much I don’t like her. The clothing is going to be donated to charity? How absurd! What is any charity going to do with a 2500 dollar suitcoat? And what is she going to wear if she actually gets elected?

These people are stepping in it every other day. . . . I’m starting to be concerned that this fail is intentional, as I seriously doubt that people with this much power can really be this stupid. Although, it is true I have underestimated the power of Stupid in the past… I was certain GWB couldn’t possibly get elected AGAIN! (Oops! I forgot you have to be elected the first time to be elected AGAIN!):rolleyes:

Stupid is a Stupid does I think some very smart person said that.

Thank you, UTR. It’s just the liberal media’s outright lie about Palin’s wardrobe. Funny how Obama’s wife and past candidates aren’t donating their high-dollar clothes to charity but Palin is. It’s just like the media calling Palin rightfully firing the guy who wouldn’t fire the trooper for tasering a 10-yr old and for doing several other unethical things. The chain of command dictated Palin act since he didn’t (and she was the next person in line to have a say). Had she done nothing, then she would have committed an ethics violation…then the trumped-up investigation says she "abused her power for personal gain? Funny how they didn’t find her getting one red cent from doing so nor gaining any additional power. One certainly can’t watch the likes of ABC/NBC/CBS or related mainstream media and expect the truth. Only FoxNews and some other Internet-based indepedents like World Net Daily really dig and present the real truth of the matter. Some other places are the Internation Herald Tribune and El País (Madrid), but those 2 are left-leaning as well as it pertains to how they do their American political coverage also. Aside from that, you might get more facts and equal treatment from Rush Limbaugh or Cal Thomas here in the U.S., but aside from the former’s radio program and the latters columns, they don’t really have a large reach.