Googles Driverless Car

vbimport

A lot of industries and business conglomerates around the world as well as all the world’s analysts and investors and reporters have been interested in this new technology pioneered by Google and some others. It’s still largely experiments and some US states like California and Nevada had to create new regulations to allow for such experiments.

I thought I hate cars. The concept of driverless cars reminds me what I actually distrust is the driver of the cars rather than aumobile technology. I’d feel safer when streets are filled with machine drivers instead of human drivers.

[QUOTE=Kenshin;2706303]A lot of industries and business conglomerates around the world as well as all the world’s analysts and investors and reporters have been interested in this new technology pioneered by Google and some others. It’s still largely experiments and some US states like California and Nevada had to create new regulations to allow for such experiments.

I thought I hate cars. The concept of driverless cars reminds me what I actually distrust is the driver of the cars rather than aumobile technology. I’d feel safer when streets are filled with machine drivers instead of human drivers.[/QUOTE]
I actually hate driving, I do not trust the " other guy" I am always thinking that someone is on my ass , I see people texting and driving, I saw a cop talking on his cell phone and driving, insurance is skyrocketing, I have a 22 year old son on my policy, before he was on my policy I paid 800 USD a year, now I pay 4,000USD a year, fair? I think not. If a computer was driving my auto I would have someone else to blame. I will most probably never see this technology in my lifetime but some of you younger guys and gals might, I think it will save lives, computers do not drink and drive.:wink:

[QUOTE=Kenshin;2706303]…I thought I hate cars. The concept of driverless cars reminds me what I actually distrust is the driver of the cars rather than aumobile technology. I’d feel safer when streets are filled with machine drivers instead of human drivers.[/QUOTE]A man that old maybe needs a car [Toyota Prius!] like this. But… for what fun? My parents are not hat old but I’ll be driving them myself to a place of their desire when they will be that old. :flower:

Somewhat off topic. :wink:

No alan1476, the life is not fair.
Example, insurance for my 996 Ducati is ~US350/y for me {full coverage 35y+} but for my son, imaging he was 18 nowdays, the same insurance policy should cost US4500…:a Man where is the logic.

[QUOTE=pinto2;2706503]…the same insurance policy should cost US4500…:a Man where is the logic.[/QUOTE]

That’s more than the cost of two or three drivers in some countries, though you’d still need to pay for insuring the vehicles.