Google takes sides against pirates

vbimport

I just posted the article Google takes sides against pirates.

Google’s search result ranking prioritisation routines will change from next week affecting sites associated with piracy.

Click to read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/google-takes-sides-against-pirates-63306/](http://www.myce.com/news/google-takes-sides-against-pirates-63306/)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

looks like anyone googling for pirated material is now SOL.

[QUOTE=xorsists;2650743]looks like anyone googling for pirated material is now SOL.[/QUOTE]

This may be true :iagree: however when it comes to those who are into piracy I don’t think they rely just on google, there are quite a few search engines to use in their quest for free merchandise.

Screw google! Let me tell you how they got their start… back in the late 1990s, they started indexing web pages… and the first people to take notice were obviously those in education because they were able to type in certain key words and find the educational resources they need to do research. Since then, they’ve made the transition to selling ads and manipulating the search ranking heirarchy for their own personal profit and gain to the tune of millions of dollars.

This is a slippery slope with censorship. They are probably finding increasing pressure to be a net censor/nanny since they are now in the ISP biz with their little experiment in the tale of two Kansas cities… Kansas and MIssouri.

BTW, just to keept things in perspective… the USA’s telco ISPs are a million times worse than a google any day, except on this issue, so far…

[QUOTE=tmc8080;2650756]Screw google! Let me tell you how they got their start… back in the late 1990s, they started indexing web pages… and the first people to take notice were obviously those in education because they were able to type in certain key words and find the educational resources they need to do research. Since then, they’ve made the transition to selling ads and manipulating the search ranking heirarchy for their own personal profit and gain to the tune of millions of dollars.

This is a slippery slope with censorship. They are probably finding increasing pressure to be a net censor/nanny since they are now in the ISP biz with their little experiment in the tale of two Kansas cities… Kansas and MIssouri.

BTW, just to keept things in perspective… the USA’s telco ISPs are a million times worse than a google any day, except on this issue, so far…[/QUOTE]

I agree, no doubt google is getting paid handsomely for doing this “good deed”.
I am repulsed by their hypocracy therefore I intend to use other search engines.

This move is insignificant, only about 20% of torrent traffic comes from Google’s indexes.

:cool::cool:

I wonder if duckduckgo does the same.

I mainly use isohunt.com. Great Canadian site, eh?

So now Google is bending over for the MPAA / RIAA? Nice.
Welcome to the Lamer’s Club, guys. There’s some beer in the fridge.

google I am sure pirated from Yahoo and others when they stared just like Microsoft pirated from many companies and put them out of business not they want to stop the little pirates . I say hang these companies from the yardarm

this is just the beginning …

[QUOTE=ectjunior;2651418]this is just the beginning …[/QUOTE]
I’ve heard that phrase over 30 years now. When will it actually start? :slight_smile: