Google Ads exec: Popularity of adblockers caused by ads with terrible user experience

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: Google Ads exec: Popularity of adblockers caused by ads with terrible user experience[newsimage]http://static.myce.com//images_posts/2015/10/google-logo-1200x630-95x75.jpg[/newsimage]

The popularity of adblockers is caused by annoying advertisements that provide a terrible user experience, according to Google’s Senior Vice President Ads and Commerce, Sridhar Ramaswamy.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/google-ads-exec-popularity-of-adblockers-caused-by-ads-with-terrible-user-experience-77463/](http://www.myce.com/news/google-ads-exec-popularity-of-adblockers-caused-by-ads-with-terrible-user-experience-77463/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

The popularity of adblockers is caused by annoying advertisements that provide a terrible user experience, according to Google’s Senior Vice President Ads and Commerce
Really not in my part of the world - it is like night and day when I use my PC hosts edit. No more redirects, popups, ads popuups that has potential to lead to virus/malware infection that to me improves user USER EXPERIENCES. Even my family member tells me were finally rid of those useless popups and ads blocking what were trying to do. Looks like more IN THE BOX thinking from Google guess the will never learn.

“The real problem is that ad blockers throw out the baby with the bathwater”, according to Ramaswamy. “They make monetization impossible for a whole slew of people.”

Really so where is my paycheck for letting you waste my bandwidth with useless junk??? Still waiting for those payments???

That’s not the only reason people use ad blockers. Many ads track the users, even when the user has DoNotTrack enabled in their browsers. The advertising industry needs to keep privacy in mind when displaying ads. As Mozilla’s Chief Legal and Business Officer, Denelle Dixon-Thayer has recently said, “[…]users start to mistrust the entire system—including the good actors.”

I think “The popularity of adblockers is caused by annoying advertisements that provide a terrible user experience” is actually pretty close to the truth, most people probably use an ad blocker because there are many terrible sites out there that make the user experience a poor one, whether it’s load time, popups, covering the entire screen with ads, misleading ads, too many ads, or whatever.

Those sites then make it difficult for the sites trying to be sensible with their ads, I’m sure Myce is one of those that relies on ads that is affected by this issue.

[QUOTE=roho;2761589]I think “The popularity of adblockers is caused by annoying advertisements that provide a terrible user experience” is actually pretty close to the truth, most people probably use an ad blocker because there are many terrible sites out there that make the user experience a poor one, whether it’s load time, popups, covering the entire screen with ads, misleading ads, too many ads, or whatever.[/QUOTE]
Be Careful you told to much of the TRUTH… lol… :clap:

[QUOTE=roho;2761589]Those sites then make it difficult for the sites trying to be sensible with their ads, I’m sure Myce is one of those that relies on ads that is affected by this issue.[/QUOTE]
Sorry to say Sensible went out the window with the kitchen sink already… :stuck_out_tongue:

Sorry to say Sensible went out the window with the kitchen sink already… :stuck_out_tongue:

I would say on the whole it’s the larger or company owned sites that tend to go totally overboard with the ads and junk they serve, the medium or smaller sites (like this one) do try to be more sensible because every user counts and they can’t afford to lose visitors/readers.

[QUOTE=roho;2761599]I would say on the whole it’s the larger or company owned sites that tend to go totally overboard with the ads and junk they serve, the medium or smaller sites (like this one) do try to be more sensible because every user counts and they can’t afford to lose visitors/readers.[/QUOTE]
But even then un-savvy users will be turned away…as well.

And now the only one left is Admuncher ( Free version)

[QUOTE=alan1476;2761613]And now the only one left is Admuncher ( Free version)[/QUOTE]
hmm…I just use my PC hosts edit and ads/popups are gone. I don’t have to give it a second thought.

i dont mind an ad popping up now and againÂ
I use adblocker Well says 9 on this page .

WHAT I dont like is adds on my Google searchÂ
and follow me around Â
this is happening last few daysÂ
 Maybe someone can come up with a google search add blockerÂ
did all the advice in  optionsÂ

[QUOTE=diane7;2761676]i dont mind an ad popping up now and again
I use adblocker Well says 9 on this page .

WHAT I dont like is adds on my Google search
and follow me around
this is happening last few days
Maybe someone can come up with a google search add blocker
did all the advice in options [/QUOTE]
Not sure how your blocking yours but with my PC hosts edit I don’t worry and enjoy a clean internet usage.