Good words for the LDW-401S

I feel inclined to tell everyone, interested in hearing, that I am extremely pleased with this drive. I have burned CD-R, CD-RW, DVD+R, and DVD+RW with absolutuely no problems.

I have read past threads on how to flash this drive to dual format. I am happy with what I have. I can burn a DVD+RW or DVD+R and play it on my TV via a Sony DVD player. My 401S has already paid for itself as for I am concerned. I have [lovingly purchased] 6 DVD movies in the past two weeks and have copied them all to DVD+R or DVD+RW with no problems.

The only media I have used for DVD burning is Maxell.

edited by dhc014

I’m glad to hear that you’re happy with your drive. :smiley:

rofl.at least his is honest on waht he does with drive

Originally posted by sc0ttL
I have [lovingly purchased] 6 DVD movies in the past two weeks and have copied them all to DVD+R or DVD+RW with no problems.

Hmm… Legal?

quote edited by dhc014

Originally posted by jan70
Hmm… Legal?

Nope, not legal.

Edited.

This fellow said that he made copies of DVD’s that he had purchased. Is this illegal? I though the copyright law allowed us to do that.

BTW to scOttL, thanks for the comments. The 401S really seems to be a solid drive. In my area plus media is readily available at competitive prices, so this drive is geat for me.

Modred

I edited the post so that it could remain legal. Otherwise I would have had to remove it. I didn’t want to remove it because it’s a very useful post.

Ahhh…its nice to see a breath of fresh air like this!

In my country, we dont take too kindly to those that whinge or bag-out products without VERY good reasons to back it up.

It is nice, for a change to hear some good feedback about the drive! I have similar experiences with my drive. It is good to me. Feed it the right media, keep its f/w current…and it will keep you happy in return…:slight_smile:

dhc014

Thanks for the help.

I did purchase these movies, by the way, as previously viewed DVD’s at the movie rental store. I have simpy made backup copies on my 401S.

Aha, so you did purchase them lovingly! :wink: :smiley:

Originally posted by dhc014
Aha, so you did purchase them lovingly! :wink: :smiley:

yo’…dhc014, mr. moderator, didn’t you read the post first before replying?
He purchased the movies and made some backups/copies meaning; he’s not against the law and not illegal, whereever on this planet.

Originally posted by eddy_nl
yo’…dhc014, mr. moderator, didn’t you read the post first before replying?
He purchased the movies and made some backups/copies meaning; he’s not against the law and not illegal, whereever on this planet.

Yo eddy_nl, dhc014 edited the 1st post so that it comply with the forum rules.

Did you read the entire thread before replying ? :wink:

Fred

I read them all before replying mate. But hey, who cares? thank god I’m not a ‘moderator’ who replied and posted two times instead of just edit and post it only one time!
and yo…fredsky, did you notice dhc014’s last post also before I quoted it?

Take it easy buddy. Don’t flip out. You have no reason to jump into a thread late and criticise my actions as a moderator.

yo MTV raps

The most difficult to accept in this life is CRITICISM.
Did I criticize you? I just remainded you as moderator with 2069 posts already.
Be more wise buddy! :slight_smile:

Be more wise buddy!

sounds like good advice, maybe you should follow it.

Originally posted by eddy_nl

In germany it is illegal since about two weeks. Now it is forbidden to copy something protected by a ‘working’ copy protection mechanism even for private use, where ‘working’ means something like good enough to prevent idiots from copying it.

It is also forbidden to copy files from an internet source which ‘obviously’ has no rights to spread the files. I do not think it was really allowed before, but now it is forbidden by law.

dhc015,

I read scOttL’s post before you edited it. I didn’t understand then, and don’t understand now, what he said wrong. That was one reason for my posting.

Some time back I was looking for a new CD-burner and happened upon this forum. Based on numerous postings, I purchased a Lite-on 32123S. This has been a great drive, and I couldn’t be happier with it. I’m now going to buy a DVD-burner and have carefully been reading the postings on this topic.

I greatly appreciate this forum and the work the moderators do. My posting was one of curiosity not criticism.

Bob Anderson