and every post was positive it appears to play every sort of
media you put in it and supports DivX 3 and 5 and other forms
of mpeg 4 also supports OGG audio aswell

It appears you can turn off Region code and Macrovision
from the remote COOL!

It also supports furmware updates HOW COOL IS THAT

I dont know how much it is US but here in OZ its $299

So if anyone is after a really good
DVD/SVCD/VCD/DivX/XviD/MP3/AC3/DTS/WMA/OGG…
Player this one sounds real good

I hope this info is helpful to someone

:slight_smile:

Looks very good indeed.

By reading this disclaimer you have agreed to not agree to any disclaimer on the internet. Ever.

Read that makes my head hert

I’m a bit bothered by the web site. They appear to have just the one product, and there is no contact information or support offered.

This statement: “All sales are final”, is also a warning flag, as is the Hotmail contact address.

PLEASE
Can you advise me on a nice dvd player, I had cyberhome 400 from whs uk.

It was good but, the remote wasnt good and the audi on mp3, vcd, audio cd, was way too high.

I want it to have jpg supoort etc, Please can you tell me whats available in UK.

Thanks

aj

Have a look at the JVC range there 2 cheapest units
get very good remarks

and the s35 panasonic is apparently quite good on media and
format support but a little low on quality

I try and stay away from the el-cheapo units because of
low quality sound and picture

and rdgrimes I dont think thats the manufacturers website
its

http://www.neuston.com/en/home.asp

I dont think thats the manufacturers website

that’s a relief, I don’t think I’d buy anything off that site.

I suggest:

All hackable: region removal possible, demacrovision, and nice all around player.

xtacydima

Thankyou very much. Its great to know from the mods, what they think great.

I like cyber home, coz the zoom out too as well as zoom in.
plus play the mpeg files of the cdr or cdrw.

I like dvd players, that also play divx too.

thanks

aj

/me got a Phlips DVD 640. Plays almost everything , including mp3 dvd’s and it’s easy to make it region free.

Originally posted by kung-foo-kamel
[B]__________________
By reading this disclaimer you have agreed to not agree to any disclaimer on the internet. Ever.

Read that makes my head hert [/B]

really ? :rolleyes:

Yes really

After all I am an Ozzy

and we replace such words of wisdom with

->So how about it luv will ya show us ya tits then<-
or
->Oy weres me frigun beer m8<-

:slight_smile:

Originally posted by aj2001
[B]xtacydima

Thankyou very much. Its great to know from the mods, what they think great.

I like cyber home, coz the zoom out too as well as zoom in.
plus play the mpeg files of the cdr or cdrw.

I like dvd players, that also play divx too.

thanks

aj [/B]

I am particulrly fond of the pause/standby mode they have where a screensaver comes on.

Seen it in the ch-500 series.

In response to rdgrimes post about the NeustonUSA website:

Neuston USA is the only authorized and official reseller of the Neuston Maestro DVX-1201 in North America. Currently the DVX-1201 is the only product that Neuston offers within the U.S. and Canada. Neuston USA is a division of Skin-Spa.com.

We have several methods of support and contact offered on our site. Our phone number, address, and email are clearly listed in the store policy and several other areas of the website. We respond to all inquires within 24 hours. We also offer continued support of the product after the sale. Just because a business is small does not mean that we are not attentive to our customers.

If anyone has any questions about the DVX-1201 we encourage you to visit the site at www.neustonusa.com and read the faqs or contact us anytime.

Sincerely,
Stas Syursin
Owner
Neuston USA

Originally posted by NeustonUSA
[B]If anyone has any questions about the DVX-1201 we encourage you to visit the site at www.neustonusa.com and read the faqs or contact us anytime.

Sincerely,
Stas Syursin
Owner
Neuston USA [/B]

Please do not be offended , but when it comes to brands i have never heard of , bring out an (extremely) good product , i’m always extermely paranoid :

I’m a bit bothered by these things :

PayPal for Internet Orders: Accepts Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express, E-checks, Direct Bank Transfer
Personal Check or Money Order in U.S. Funds
Visa & Mastercard are accepted on Internet, Phone, and Mail Orders.

I don’t want to have anything to do with Paypal , so can i assume , given the last line, that normal visa is also correct ? (Seems i can using the order form)

SkinSpa is a healthcare/bodyshop kind of shop. How in the blazes did they came up with the idea of selling this dvd player ?

The return policy/rma is within 24 hours. How can this be possible regarding international shipping ? (Seems you can’t ship internationally , because you only offer canada/usa in your order system)

Then there’s this :

TANDARD SHIPPING (UPS Ground 3 to 5 day delivery) - $0.00
APO/FPO & PO BOX DELIVERY (Shipped via USPS) - $0.00
ALASKA, HAWAII & CANADA - $25.00
2 DAY UPS (Not valid on Neuston Maestro DVX-1201) - $18.00

2 days UPS is not valid. Ok

Furthermore , your order system is a system used by Ewebcart.com , which gives me the following whois query :

Administrative, Technical Contact:
Bowyer, George admin@ewebcart.com
ewebcart
PO Box 410474
Melbourne, FL 32941-0474
US
321-752-7697
208-955-4706

I don’t know Ewebcart or George Bowyer (way too common name to research) , but let us assume it’s a quite correct website.

Neustonuse.com pops up with the correct name : Stas Syursin. Not a very common name and google came up with this.

Again , please do not be offended , but when therapist is selling good dvd players , i get even more paranoid.

Again , this is just some research and ALL info was gathered using NORMAL searching methods (google , whois queries , etc). This was not meant to poke in your private life , but to get some proof there are qualified companies behind this nice looking dvd player.

Neuston USA is the only authorized and official reseller of the Neuston Maestro DVX-1201 in North America. Currently the DVX-1201 is the only product that Neuston offers within the U.S. and Canada. Neuston USA is a division of Skin-Spa.com.

Spamming in the forum is not allowed, but since you invited additional comment I will say that I am now doubly certain that I would not buy anything from you.

Neuston USA has absolutely no intention of spamming the forum. We are merely responding to your inqueries about our company and hoping to clear up some misconceptions.

In response to Mr. Belvedere

1. We do accept Visa, Mastercard, Personal Checks, Money Orders, OR PayPal. Its up to the customer. We have verified and secure methods of payment.

2. Neuston is the manufacturer of the DVX-1201 while Neuston USA is their official reseller within the United States and Canada. If you were to contact Neuston via their manufacturers site they would refer you to NeustonUSA for purchases in North America. It is true that Neuston USA is a division of Skin-Spa which is a spa and features a different type of product. The DVX-1201 is the first of a selection of unique electronics that we started carrying. It is not unusual for stores to sell a variety of types of products. We also plan to offer other personal electronics in the near future. We were actually approached by the distributor to sell this product within a website Neuston USA.

3. We sell to United States and Canada. The only time we will ship internationally is when there is no distributor for a specific country. We normally try to help a customer locate a seller near them. Obviously the return policy is extended for these orders and specified with that buyer at time of purchase.

4. www.securenetshop.com is the official site of our shopping cart program.

5. Just because a therapist also sells products makes them no less valid. All the proper professional & business licenses are available for inspection at a customers request.

Just remember that when you use a credit card like Visa when you make a purchase from a company it does give a certain amount of buyer protection. If you do not receive your product or encounter troubles with a company you can initiate an investigation and Visa will help you recover your money quite quickly. Also, PayPal offers buyers protection for their purchases too.

Originally posted by NeustonUSA
Neuston USA has absolutely no intention of spamming the forum. We are merely responding to your inqueries about our company and hoping to clear up some misconceptions.

Perfectly understandable in my point of view.

1. Neuston is the manufacturer of the DVX-1201 while Neuston USA is their official reseller within the United States and Canada. If you were to contact Neuston via their manufacturers site they would refer you to NeustonUSA for purchases in North America. It is true that Neuston USA is a division of Skin-Spa which is a spa and features a different type of product.

Well yeah… it’s a big step from a spa to dvd electronics. It’s kind of unusual. I hope that explains the paranoia.

The DVX-1201 is the first of a selection of unique electronics that we started carrying. It is not unusual for stores to sell a variety of types of products.

Granted , but i won’t see my local supermarket suddenly sell cars or couches for instance. Spa’s are hardly known for their product variety like a supermarket is. But ok , nothing wrong with expanding product lines.

1. We sell to United States and Canada. The only time we will ship internationally is when there is no distributor for a specific country. We normally try to help a customer locate a seller near them. Obviously the return policy is extended for these orders and specified with that buyer at time of purchase.

Thanks for clearing up that confusion.

1. www.securenetshop.com is the official site of our shopping cart program.

Then why does it link to ewebcart.com when i place an order ?
Oh well , perhaps securenetshop.com has a contract with them.

1. Just because a therapist also sells products makes them no less valid. All the proper professional & business licenses are available for inspection at a customers request.

:slight_smile: I have no doubt about that. I’m a approbation officer myself and could ask around about UL , CSA and FCC certification , but let’s not take it that far.

It wasn’t meant to insult you , but to explain why i think it was odd. I tend not to believe amazing products , mostly thanks to infomercials. I apoligize for any inconvenience.

Just remember that when you use a credit card like Visa when you make a purchase from a company it does give a certain amount of buyer protection.

Very true , but it’s undoable at an international level.

If you do not receive your product or encounter troubles with a company you can initiate an investigation and Visa will help you recover your money quite quickly. Also, PayPal offers buyers protection for their purchases too.

PayPal has been in the (internet)news some time ago and things didn’t look good. Officially PayPal isn’t a bank as far as my knowledge goes. And therefore offer limited assistance in transaction failures.

One final request , do you have reviews from an independent source regarding the dvd player ? I’m watching the movie from S-one at the moment.

Wow, rdgrimes.

The guy didn’t spam, just answered some questions. And if you’ve read reviews of the player, its a good one. Seems the only places to buy it is this guy’s website, and eBay. If someone could give real reasons not to trust him, then it’d be different.

Hey whats with the attitude today? I’ve seen reviews of this player (in swedish here, lots of pictures) and this is no bluff. Actually it’s a very nice player based on the Sigmadesigns 8500 chip.
I see no reason why we should doubt NestonUSA as a legitimate business only becuase it’s owned by a skin therapist.