Good software to burn BD data discs?

vbimport

I have tried Burnaware 7.3 and it is utter crap for burning BD-R. The burn speed set at max only burned at 2x and they are 10x burnable media and burned fine at that speed with Nero.

Than on top of that the discs do not read back good I have to keep re-inserting the BD to read it. So Burnaware is out. I don’t want all the bloat that Nero has as I usually only burn Data BD-R and MP3 CD’s.

What software would you recommend that detects burn speed properly and reads back properly.

ImgBurn is what most of us use for burning data and video. If you don’t have it, be careful of the installer, as there is usually one add-on you have to decline.

For cd’s, it depends on what you want. Mp3 burned as data only is easy in ImgBurn. If you want Audio CD format, you can make a cue file in ImgBurn from the mp3 files, and burn that cue file to a disc.

By the way, I would never burn BD media at 10x. I normally only use top quality media (FTI Falcon or Verbatim) and burn at 4x, or on rare occasions in the past, 6x.

I usually burn at 8x with no problem at all. I always use one speed less than maximum with no issue at all. I use mp3 CD for my audio books I use a software to convert books to audio books for listening to in the car. The BD-R are just mkv files saved for series that I watch.

Ashampoo is out that failed first burn attempt at 8x which I have burned well over 35 BD at this speed with Nero. I really want to find an alternative though.

[QUOTE=molitar;2736512]I have tried Burnaware 7.3 and it is utter crap for burning BD-R. The burn speed set at max only burned at 2x and they are 10x burnable media and burned fine at that speed with Nero.

Than on top of that the discs do not read back good I have to keep re-inserting the BD to read it. So Burnaware is out. I don’t want all the bloat that Nero has as I usually only burn Data BD-R and MP3 CD’s.

What software would you recommend that detects burn speed properly and reads back properly.[/QUOTE]

Since you already have Nero, why not use that? I use Nero-8 for burning BD data discs. There’s no “bloat” because I don’t install anything but Burning Rom.

I had uninstalled NERO a while back due to it conflicting with it’s own codecs. I though Burnaware was perfect until I tried to burn a BD-R and it burned too slow but than has trouble detecting as a BD in my burner. So hunt was on again for a good tiny footprint no bloat burning software.

If you just want to look at other programs, there is always CD Burner XP. I’ve used it a few times for tests, but don’t keep it on my computer. ImgBurn does everything I need.