Good software for Bluray writer

vbimport

Hi all,

I plan to buy my first bluray writer, probably the Pioneer BDR-208DBK with no software supplied.

Could you please advise me of a good burning software which is good/works well with this writer.

Thanks in advance

Martin G.X

[QUOTE=martingx;2686449]Hi all,

I plan to buy my first bluray writer, probably the Pioneer BDR-208DBK with no software supplied.

Could you please advise me of a good burning software which is good/works well with this writer.

Thanks in advance

Martin G.X[/QUOTE]

You need to tell use more as to what are you going to do?

Burn movie backup movies you own or burn data…or backup files. Windows7 will burn to cd/dvd/bd but will not rip or copy or backup your movies cause it doesn’t have the software to do that. But you have to be more specific as to what your plans are and what you to do with the burner.

If you are simply looking for burning software, get ImgBurn. It is free to download and use.

Choose any of the mirrors on this page to start your download: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download

Thank you for your answers I received my new PIONEER BDR-208DBK and I installed ImgBurn. The use is essentially: archiving datas.

At the end of the first use, the software was no more responding but the recording was ok. I will see if it does it again next recording.

[QUOTE=martingx;2687490]Thank you for your answers I received my new PIONEER BDR-208DBK and I installed ImgBurn. The use is essentially: archiving datas.

At the end of the first use, the software was no more responding but the recording was ok. I will see if it does it again next recording.[/QUOTE]

Which media are you using DVD or BD? What formats are the data and did you check to make sure the data was error free before archiving it?

I will use BD, verbatim BD-R LTH type.
I will have different formats to save: wav, .rar.
Lots of wav (music composer)

In Imgburn, I choose the following options:
Data type: MODE1/2048
File system: ISO9660 + UDF (sometimes I have files > 4Go)
UDF Revision: 1.02
I check “Verify” when I burn a BD?

Is it enough?

You might want to switch to the regular Verbatim blu ray, rather than the LTH type. There are some questions on their compatibility and longevity.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2687598]You might want to switch to the regular Verbatim blu ray, rather than the LTH type. There are some questions on their compatibility and longevity.[/QUOTE]

:sad:

Source, links?

I just bought 2 x 50 cakeboxes.

Source, links?

I just bought 2 x 50 cakeboxes.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the link. Hopefully, I can read french.

The report is amazingly complete:

I’m very disappointed about verbatim… I don’t know what to do about my 100 BD-R…

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2687598]You might want to switch to the regular Verbatim blu ray, rather than the LTH type. There are some questions on their compatibility and longevity.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, I just started doing blu-ray myself and there are quite a few more complaints about the LTH blu-ray discs than the regular ones. They are more expensive but worth it. If you don’t mind ordering straight from Japan you can also get what are considered the best of the best for BD-R (Panasonic).

Here are some reviews from people who bought the LTH discs:

[QUOTE=martingx;2687622]I’m very disappointed about ____ [/QUOTE]
You listed one vendor but, in reality, every vendor has contributed to MY disappointment in their manufacturing choices. “Good” is “good” and everything else should be garbage.

As we see more doom & gloom for the Optical Storage industry, I lament it because I really enjoy having my own archives and copies and the easy access to whatever I want at any given time.

But that industry seems intent on destroying itself with such shabby manufacturing and quality decisions, relying on glitz and dazzle to confuse consumers until consumers are so fed up that they rightfully turn their back on the product lines entirely.

The industry could make the correct choices for all of their products, but elect not to. The Marie Antoinette School Of Manufacturing - “let them eat ___ and my head will be fine!” That basket looks good on her, too.

Er… this joke seems a bit too appropriate suddenly.