Good SATA drive for read/ripping scratched or damaged DVDs

I buy a lot of used DVDs and store them on my media server and they tend not to be in the best shape. So I’m looking for a SATA DVD burner that’s good at reading disks with scratches and other forms of damage. I don’t want a riplocked drive and I don’t care so much about burning quality. Any recommendations? I was told the Liteon iHAS424-98 was a good drive.

Welcome to the forum melwin :slight_smile:

The lite-on is a good choice.

Moving your thread over to the “CD and DVD Writers” forum for more responses.

[QUOTE=melwin;2558293]I buy a lot of used DVDs and store them on my media server and they tend not to be in the best shape. So I’m looking for a SATA DVD burner that’s good at reading disks with scratches and other forms of damage. I don’t want a riplocked drive and I don’t care so much about burning quality. Any recommendations? I was told the Liteon iHAS424-98 was a good drive.[/QUOTE]
All of the x24 LiteOns are good also any Samsung SATA DVD are good too! There are tools available to increase your rip speed for both LiteOn and Samsung just see the correct threads. Just make sure if you go with LiteOn that it has MTK chipset and not NEC.