Good old layer cake but disc 2 Copy problem URGENT FINDS NO COPY PROTECTION BUT IT IS

vbimport

Right any dvd and clone dvd are just failing for me. On disc2 only cloned dvd 2.7.5.1 latest and anydvd 2.6.1.2 latest. The disc gets to 55% on checking it for copying and hangs in a forever checking the disc. Any dvd doesnt say its found any protection just a dvd structure one found. On ripping it nope errors at vts 7.01 vob. Newest dvd decrypter sails through it. As i said disc one no problems at all straight through.

disc 1

Summary for drive F:
Drive (Hardware) Region: 2

Media is a Data DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)

Video DVD (or CD) label: LAYER_CAKE_DISC_1
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: PAL
Media is locked to region(s): 2 4!

RCE protection not found.
Found & removed wrong DVD structure!
Found & removed structural copy protection (Arccos, Puppetlock)!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Found & removed 4 bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 2!

disc 2

Summary for drive F:
Drive (Hardware) Region: 2

Media is a Data DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)

Video DVD (or CD) label: LAYER_CAKE_DISC_2
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: PAL
Media is locked to region(s): 2 4!

RCE protection not found.
Found & removed wrong DVD structure!
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Found & removed 4 bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 2!

NO STRUCTURE PROTECTION FOUND OH YES THERE IS

find enclosed ifo`s

Forgot to say the rental version you may of worked on is different from the shop version master. Rental is bright red colored dvd`s these are silver normal. And the whole disc layout is different from the rental versions.

Checked it again totally hangs clone dvd at 55% when checking the disc only way out is control alt delete and endtask

Thank you very much for reporting this problem. This is a bug in AnyDVD (it did not detect Arccos on titles with only one chapter), you can expect a fixed version on Monday.

Any hope of fixing Band of Brothers disc 6?

Just heard from the west coast - brother inlaw has the same exact problem we’re having! Now we’re up to four different discs and five different DVD burners that can’t back it up . . .

Not yet. I don’t know yet, what the problem is.

I’m sure you’re as curious as we are though!

If it helps - so far all the copies I’ve been able to try came from Walmart over Christmas (they were purchased as Christmas gifts for several of my family members).

I’m surprised as when I looked on the net the DVD release date was like November of '02 which predates all these recent problems, but I wonder if they didn’t incorporate something new in a new production run? Still, why on disc 6 which is just bonus materials?

It’s interesting . . .

It is possible, that there is a production error in the master. Can you check, which titles are in the title set with the error? According to the .ifo files you’ve sent me, titles 2-14 are in VTS_02.
Do titles 2-14 all play correctly in PowerDVD (other player software)?

Here we go again, what other software company addesses problems so quickly and of a personal nature, I know of none.

My warmest thanks to Olli and James to spending their valuable time monitoring this forum and assisting the customers, you guys are the best.

OK, Myself, my brother, and my brother-inlaw finally got some time.

The problem is during Ron Livingstone’s video diary he shot during the making of the series.

If we play it in PowerDVD we get a disc read error and the thing freezes up.

However if we play it in a set top DVD player it plays fine. We’ve tried it in a GE1101PA, an Apex 1200, and an Mintek 1600.

Strange indeed!

-Bob-

the problem should be solved already

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=131500

No it’s not. Please read the entire thread, not just the thread title before commenting.

The thread initially was about the Layer Cake disc 2 problem, but the Band of Brothers Disc 6 problem was also being discussed and that problem is not fixed with AnyDVD 4.6.3.1 and CloneDVD 2.7.5.1.

-Bob-

We’re not alone with the Band of Brothers Disc 6 problem, check this thread:

We’re all getting to 8% during the audio scan and then it hangs, I doubt we all have a smudge in the exact same spot . . .

Any new thoughts on the Band of Brothers disc 6 problem?

Surfing the net I found a couple other posts on other forums describing the -exact- same problem, so it’s not an isolated problem . . . something’s amiss . . .

No, I don’t have this disc, and to be honest, I don’t have the intention to buy the region 1 box set just for evaluation of the bonus disc… sorry.
I hope the region 2 version has the same problem, I’ll buy this one.