Good headphones hooked into cheap speakers...will I get good audio quality?

vbimport

I need some advice on speakers and sound.

Right now, I have cheap desktop speakers that I am using and they have a jack in the front of the right speaker to attach headphones to. I want to upgrade to higher quality headphones and hook these into the port of the old speakers the same way.

Now if I attach the good headphones into the jack of the cheap speakers, am I going to get the high quality sound from the headphones, or do I have to replace the cheap desktop speakers too?

Thanks for helping.

If the headphone jack on the speakers doesn’t sound good, plug the headphones directly in to the Computer’s headphone jack. If they then sound better, get a headphones ‘Y’ connector and hook up both the speakers and headphones to the computer.

[QUOTE=olyteddy;2480425]If the headphone jack on the speakers doesn’t sound good, plug the headphones directly in to the Computer’s headphone jack. If they then sound better, get a headphones ‘Y’ connector and hook up both the speakers and headphones to the computer.[/QUOTE]

Right now I have the speakers plugged into the back panel green port. I tried plugging headphones into the front panel (green) but it don’t appear to be working. Sound only comes out of the desktop speakers. Why won’t the front panel work? Could it be because I left the desktop speakers attached to the back port?

What if I decided to go with my original plan of attaching good headphones into cheap speakers,will the cheap speakers have an negative audio impact on the good headphones, please clarify.

Thanks.

Cheap speakers are good for one thing, paperweights…There’s no way to tell where they cut corners and as olyteddy pointed out, get a ‘Y’ adapter and then you know exactly what you’re dealing with…

Audio output from your PC is most likely of better quality than the jack from your external speakers (unless those speaker are of very high quality).