Good Graphics card bad FPS?

Hey… I play this game which has very very minimum requirements and is around 4 years old… yet the thing is, I get 40fps sometimes!

I am using an 8800GTX! It shouldnt be a cpu problem because I have an E6600. I should atleast be getting 200 fps, to be honest. My graphic card runs at
60-70 Celsius.

Help would be appreciated

Might help if you said what game, what resolution and what your video settings are. Some games are capped at a certain FPS. For example Quake 4 is capped at 60 FPS unless you edit the game config file. The only thing I have come across so far that will pull that card down to 40 FPS is 3Dbenchmark06 and I doubt a 4 year old game has that kind of graphics.:slight_smile:
UT2004 with game settings at Holy shit (highest) and game resolution is 1680x1050.

Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory, I capped it at 76, I get 13-23 at times! 19 inch lcd. 1280x1024

Don’t know the game but 13-23 FPS sounds really low. What are your GFX core and memory speeds. (you can use nTune from nvidia to look at the speeds). Is your bios set to PCI-E as first video device. 60-70 deg c is where mine idles and when working it will be in the high 70 to 80 deg range. Did you get higher fps with your old vid card?
I would try another game just to make sure that something in your game cap (config) isn’t messed up.:slight_smile:

Sounds like a driver problem, the older ones for the 8800 series really sucked in a lot of games.

What version driver you have on now??

The graphic card has default settings.

Core bus: 576 MHz
Memory bus:900 MHz

I’ve been playing this game for like 2 years, and I know what I’m doing with my configs. My maxfps is 76 and that’s all I need to know tbh, but it hangs at 23-13 at times.

I have latest drivers as of may 17. My old vid. card was pretty much the same as this lol.

Well the only thing I can think of is uninstall and re-install the drivers. I have the same Version: 158.22 drivers and don’t seem to have a problem with them.

Dont forget chipset drivers
//Danne

The temp seems to be your problem try to cool off the video card little bit with large fan pointing to your video card when you put it under heavy stress playing game.